Why become a member? ×

New Peavey heads!

dannybuoy

[quote name='chrismuzz' timestamp='1415917924' post='2605330']

That's a good point, hopefully it won't mean price increases!
[/quote]Nope, it won't mean price increases....it'll mean you won't be able to buy Peavey gear in Europe.

They are looking for a distributor but it's gonna be a tough sell so I wouldn't expect to see any new product this side of the pond for at least a year or two. That's my opinion only but I just can't see any of the distributors who are large enough to be able to handle a brand as diverse as Peavey wanting the line. Particularly as Peavey dumped a load of stock into the market when they closed their warehouse so no new distributor will be able to sell profitably until the old stock is sold on.

Put it this way, Don't hold your breath for the new heads to turn up this side of the pond...

See article here: http://www.audioprointernational.com/news/read/peavey-closing-uk-distribution-centre-as-part-of-global-restructure/07362

Edited by MindGoneBlank

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...

[quote name='winterfire666' timestamp='1456653203' post='2990990']
this!!! great amps i had a mark iv and a vi back in the day, both awesome amps, if they can nail that in a lightweight format ill be all over it.
[/quote]

Maybe just me, but my mark iv IS a lightweight format! it's a dead easy 1-handed lift (though a bit lopsided...

Maybe it's because I'm a reformed GT200 and V4 owner... but the mk iv is just not that heavy.

[quote name='1970' timestamp='1457019559' post='2994522']
Maybe just me, but my mark iv IS a lightweight format! it's a dead easy 1-handed lift (though a bit lopsided...

Maybe it's because I'm a reformed GT200 and V4 owner... but the mk iv is just not that heavy.
[/quote]

i remember it being big and heavy (and very lopsided for that matter)but that was a long time ago, it was certainly a lot heavier then my tc rh750
i might see if i can pick up a used one and rehouse it for better balance and less weight, might be a fun little project

[quote name='AlpherMako5' timestamp='1456672640' post='2991231']
Do you guys have any opinions or experiences with the tour 700?
[/quote]

Yes, I found it gutless. Clipped way too early. Not a patch on the T-Max 500 or even the old MkVIII I once owned