Why become a member? ×

Converting a discount into a debt

col.decker

Hi all, long time lurker - seldom poster here, but as my boss has finished work for the year thats about to change.

Anyway I just GAS'd on a Zoom B3 and got a nice £30 discount. So with my £30 in hand I looked around the shop and spent a further £120 on stuff I no intention of getting as I walked in. Funny how that happens ain't it?

Edited by col.decker

[quote name='Grangur' timestamp='1387464820' post='2312286']
Welcome to BC and congrats on the B3. You'll enjoy that one.

Just a thought.. what happens when the Boss comes back? Or do we only get the pleasure each year from 19/20th of December to 1st Jan?

:D
[/quote]

lol no this time I thinks I'll put my feet up and settle in. I spend a good 50% of the working day over on the 'FretBoard' guitarist forum, but this place seems to be far less up it's own arse than over there.

[quote name='col.decker' timestamp='1387464967' post='2312296']
lol no this time I thinks I'll put my feet up and settle in. I spend a good 50% of the working day over on the 'FretBoard' guitarist forum, but this place seems to be far less up it's own arse than over there.
[/quote]
LOL, well you know what they say about bassists.... 2 strings short of and ego trip.

[quote name='col.decker' timestamp='1387465037' post='2312299']
because I got a £30 discount on the B3. Do keep up ;)
[/quote]

Errr.. yeah, but if you have to spend £40, why not strings or a strap? or summat?

[quote name='sprocketflup' timestamp='1387464863' post='2312289']
Went into a music shop in Cov years ago for a set of strings and walked out with a six string bass.

I don't actualy remember if I got the strings I needed
[/quote]

a music shop in Cov with a 6 string bass???
Which one was that?

[quote name='col.decker' timestamp='1387465486' post='2312307']
Do you have a Forum Charter and a 20 page thread on the evils of swearing in posts?
[/quote]
[quote name='paul_5' timestamp='1387466990' post='2312327']
f*** that! ;)...
[/quote]

Pipped to the post..! As for the Charter, it's linked in my sig below... B)

Edited by Dad3353

[quote name='col.decker' timestamp='1387464967' post='2312296']

[/quote]
Probably due to the reduced guitard co-efficient

[quote name='col.decker' timestamp='1387465486' post='2312307']
Do you have a Forum Charter and a 20 page thread on the evils of swearing in posts?
[/quote]

As for sweary-words, no need. The profanity filter performs so [i]seamlessly[/i]. But admin Ped issued an [url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/43420-swearinglanguage/page__hl__language__fromsearch__1"]observation[/url] upon such matters some time ago.

The general view is that one swears about things or off-forum third party strangers but seldom if ever at another member. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Well it turns out that the Digitech Bass Squeezer is an absolute pile of poo. I thought it was maybe just me but reading the OVNI Compressor review site confirmed it. I suppose it could be useful if you wanted to make lots of hissing noises.

Bugger

Anyone want to buy it? It's really good.

No Thanks!

On the original subject of minor sale becoming major indebtedness I once went to a music shop in Derby (the late lamented Neville Brothers) to buy a set of strings for my acoustic (£6.00 or so).

I went back to the office after lunch with a nice, shiny, brand new saxophone.

I still dont understand how. Any ideas?

[quote name='col.decker' timestamp='1387463860' post='2312254']
Hi all, long time lurker - seldom poster here, but as my boss has finished work for the year thats about to change.

Anyway I just GAS'd on a Zoom B3 and got a nice £30 discount. So with my £30 in hand I looked around the shop and spent a further £120 on stuff I no intention of getting as I walked in. Funny how that happens ain't it?
[/quote]

Ha! Yup - that's what they were hoping for :) So long as you can get somebody into your shop, they are likely to buy more than they intended to. There's normally only a few reasons for sales/discounts/reductions - to get rid of old stock, and to encourage people in.

[quote name='Chris Sharman' timestamp='1389397969' post='2333952']
No Thanks!

On the original subject of minor sale becoming major indebtedness I once went to a music shop in Derby (the late lamented Neville Brothers) to buy a set of strings for my acoustic (£6.00 or so).

I went back to the office after lunch with a nice, shiny, brand new saxophone.

I still dont understand how. Any ideas?
[/quote]

Were the strings at the very back of the shop, so you had to walk past everything to get to them? And on the way, the saxophone caught your eye and you had a look at it - then over comes the shop assistant. You had a bit of a blast on it and asked how much it was - at this point, you probably had already decided whether you wanted it or not.

Does that sound about right?