Why become a member? ×

Mono Strap

goblin

Has anyone ever used these? I'm wondering what they're like as I'm after something a bit more forgiving than a standard leather strap. I've tried a Bass Collection comfort strap before, but they feel a bit on the cheap side, and there's apparently the issue with the plastic snapping on them (and my basses ain't light)

I'm just looking for some thoughts really.

[quote name='goblin' timestamp='1386368505' post='2299502']
Has anyone ever used these? I'm wondering what they're like as I'm after something a bit more forgiving than a standard leather strap. I've tried a Bass Collection comfort strap before, but they feel a bit on the cheap side, and there's apparently the issue with the plastic snapping on them (and my basses ain't light)

I'm just looking for some thoughts really.
[/quote]

Have you tried the genuine comfort strap, the one with the 2 p's :D , nothing cheap about them, and there's one for sale at the moment too.

I have the Mono on both basses. Love 'em. They feel bombproof and are so comfy.

Agree about the length thing though. I tried both lengths and settled on running the long strap at its shortest ish. The short strap at its longest wasnt right. They should just do one version thats inbetween.

Suggest you buy online so you can try one for a week before you decide.

I have one on my SR5 it's very comfortable, it's a short one set to it's shortest length and is just right for me luckily!

I keep the Mono on the bass all the time and cramming them both into a case can be tricky as it's quite chunky and is prone to stopping the case from shutting properly, obviously not a problem if you remove it each time though :)

[quote name='Evil Undead' timestamp='1386663997' post='2302693']
The short one is just about the right size for me. But, I may be alone here, I found the back of the strap too slippery and it made neck dive worse. So I sent it back.
[/quote]

That is really quite uprising, I cannot imagine how it could be slippery at all! Was it faulty?

[quote name='Evil Undead' timestamp='1386796062' post='2304791']

I don't know, I hadn't really considered that! Maybe I should try another. I do love the look
[/quote]

Maybe, mine is fairly grippy.

Prefer it to the comfort strapps I've used over the past few years, much more range in lengths, but the monos won't go as short.

If it's of interest I have a used short and long comfort strapp available.

• 3 weeks later...