Why become a member? ×

Digitech iStomp now only £49. And all models free!

fretmeister

I've just ordered one, and I've already downloaded all of the models from the Apple app store

I've had a go on one in the past and you use it just like a regular pedal.

Quick demo from when it came out:

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVkTaesYn-0"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVkTaesYn-0[/url]

BUT - when that review was done you only got about 4 models included. Now they are all free to download

Dispatch from Amazon is 2 to 4 months. Has anyone found it available a bit quicker than that? Anyone know if this is compatible with the iPhone 5/5C/5S? It looks like the old style connector, if that's the case I'll have to purchase to Lightning adaptor for it. Very intrigued by this, already playing with the app on my phone.

[quote name='skidder652003' timestamp='1384007465' post='2271839']
aren't all the effects guitar based at the moment?
[/quote]

I only use one bass specific effect. All mine are guitar ones

Edited by sk8

It's been out for a couple of years. Not a new product at all.

At the time the other app stores were nothing compared to Apple.

I've had more of a play now - the mods and verbs are amazing. Some of the drives are very good, and the octave fx track better than the pedals they were based on.

Very happy with it!

[quote name='fretmeister' timestamp='1384110716' post='2272893']
It's been out for a couple of years. Not a new product at all.

At the time the other app stores were nothing compared to Apple.
[/quote]

Android has had a good app store for well over two years now, but I was thinking more along the lines of a standard Mac/Windows app, as with the TC Electronic Toneprint, and, er pretty much every single other piece of music hardware with a USB connection.

[quote name='TomWIC' timestamp='1383925123' post='2270907']
Anyone know if this is compatible with the iPhone 5/5C/5S? It looks like the old style connector, if that's the case I'll have to purchase to Lightning adaptor for it. Very intrigued by this, already playing with the app on my phone.
[/quote]

It works with my iPhone5 - but only (1) after the latest iOS7 update and (2) with a legitmate lightning connector (didn't work with a generic one).

[quote name='Left Foot' timestamp='1384347546' post='2275491']
Great idea! are the patches or effects all free now then? actually tempted!
[/quote]

Many iPhone5 users were inconveninced by the bug which efectvely rendered the pedals unusable (or un-updateable) for months. I think the free offer was to reward the loyalty of their exsting customers once the fix was in place (iOS7). I have no idea if it's still available - I made sure to download all the models as soon as the free offer was announced.

The worrying thing is that there's been no new models since early this year... I was worried about their commitment to the pedal - at least until they finally got the fix in place. But still no new models, dispite promises....

I was wondering about the commitment side to this as well, it seems like most updateable hard/software that it enjoys a decent launch, ok mid term development and then is unsupported from year 3 onwards. You know what would be amazing for this pedal, if they encourage developer support so that third parties can create template patches/models, and sell them on. Digitech could be the hardware, image if a famous player uploaded the exact same digital effects they used, would almost negate build inconsistences. Anyway, I'm sure they have thought of this.

Either way, a few Christmas presents sorted!