Why become a member? ×

Badass II or Babicz

goonerjoe

Right, so i've got a new mexican classic series Precision (thanks to Lozz) I want to spruce up. First up, new bridge.
I've got a Badass II on another bass. I love it. It's awesome. But they're hard to get hold of.
I've also been reading into the Babicz Full Contact bridge, got some good reviews, and is cheaper.

Should I hold out for another Badass II or go for a Babicz? Does anyone have any experience with the Babicz?

Cheers people!

i have a Babicz on one of my Warmoths.
It's an excellent bridge.
It has no sharp pointy bits unlike some others - (Gotoh 201 anyone?)....

However if you use your right hand to dampen the strings you will find that you cannot make contact with the strings as they pass over the saddles as they will be 'buried' in recesses, Tricky...

That said I far prefer having a blood free plucking hand

I had a good look at some basses with Babicz bridges the other day and I must admit I liked he design compared to a BadAss which, to me anyway, seems to be looking a bit dated now (and yes, I realise the irony of a bridge upgrade looking dated that's on a 1950's designed instrument, lol).

The Bass Centre are importing Babicz and fitting them as standard on a lot of basses now. Seems like a really good idea :)

Just to throw in a third option, have you looked at Hipshot? I think their bridges are stunning and incredibly well made. I have one on my squier and its fantastic. If it has to be one of the other two I would go for the Babicz.

[quote name='Twigman' timestamp='1380734062' post='2229755']
It has no sharp pointy bits unlike some others - (Gotoh 201 anyone?)....
[/quote]

Slightly OT:
Do you mean the grub screws on that one? In case, I use to shorten them so their tops get below surface.

[quote name='Muzz' timestamp='1381011540' post='2233489']
The Schaller 3D's a cracking bridge, too - no sharp edges under heel of hand with that one...
[/quote]

It looks really good and not too pricey either - but is it a direct replacement for a 5-hole Fender bridge?