Why become a member? ×

BassChat marketplace is not a shop...

Ruck

[quote name='Conan' timestamp='1379328955' post='2211226']
Leave them some feedback to the effect that they can be a bit pushy and/or unreasonable
[/quote]

Please, do. That's what feedback is for, not just to say "awesome guy/girl!" everytime. I mean, most times that's what people are, but I'd appreciate being warned that someone could be a bit impatient. It would not keep me from selling them something, but it would make me be extra communicative with them and warn them in advance of when I think I could post so that they don't get upset.

As mentioned above, I always state how the item will be sent in the For Sale post, then send a PM stating when I'm going to send it and an ETA with tracking information. Sometimes the buyer wants an item sent on a particular day so as to be in when it arrives, which is fine by me.

Most things I've bought on BC have arrived super-fast - much quicker than eBay or any online shop. Online shops that don't have comments or feedback tend to take their own sweet time about it. Particularly if something's not in stock - it can take weeks. They're pretty quick at charging your credit card though, I've noticed. :)

Yep happy with what you've done. Seems ok to me.
I normally tell a buyer that I can't make it to post office until Saturday mornings if a large parcel. Not so bad if its small where local PO will accept almost anywhere.
I've never had anything but positive great comms comments on my feedback.

Communication is the key.

Shame that someone has to complain about few days altho give them some credit that they were waiting anxiously with a degree of excitement and that's why they got impatient - LOL

Dave

Can only echo other comments, as long as communication is clear with the buyer then there should be no problems. I have had all positive experiences in that regard, most recently i had to keep a buyer waiting over a week before i was able to post a speaker cabinet to him. However, made this clear at the start and he was perfectly fine with it :)

I am, however, extremely impatient myself at times and I would be, probably silently, annoyed if a seller agreed to post on a day but didn't post until a couple of days later without letting me know :ph34r:

Edited by Kev

[quote name='LukeFRC' timestamp='1379456373' post='2213027']
...you post something worth several hundred pounds via a courier, the courier says they delivered it... but you never hear from the buyer again.
[/quote]

Yes... I always drop a PM to a seller when I take delivery... just seems courteous to me.

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1379456672' post='2213033']
Yes... I always drop a PM to a seller when I take delivery... just seems courteous to me.
[/quote] it's when they don't reply to the "did it get there then? is it ok? are you happy?" message I sent them.
Odd

One does well realising that stuff happens.
Tolerance and calmth are the key in my book.

Someone who like me deals with the UK and Germany extensively, once told what he had learnt:
"The Brit will say he'll deliver in august, and you might get it in november. The German says he'll deliver Wednesday 13:50:00, and he delivers Wednesday at 13:50:00. However, when you yourself have trouble with something ... who is gonna be the kind, forgiving guy who'll not hold it against you?"

I feel he was onto something. But this only works with tolerance and calmth.

BTW, I vividly remember my first £30,000 order in the UK. Asked them whether I could order even though I had no money yet, and might not even get a loan. Answer: "No worries, mate. We do that all the time. :D "

:)

[quote name='Conan' timestamp='1379516896' post='2213588']
What a lovely word! :)
[/quote]

Innit? Should be in the dictionary, like "warmth" is.
I'll come in again...

[quote name='Roland Rock' timestamp='1379517714' post='2213598']
Are they still in business?
[/quote]

Hehehe. Yup! Have been for 20 years.

Edited by BassTractor