Why become a member? ×

September Composition 2014 - A new beginning

charic

[quote name='RockfordStone' timestamp='1378373832' post='2199215']OI!!!! i may not be amazing, but i am not dross! ;)[/quote]

:D Haha! Certainly not, Rob. Hope you're well mate.

As for the rest of you... lay off the steroids, will ya? I mean wow. Loads of entries already. You must have been gasping ;)

[quote name='lurksalot' timestamp='1378413233' post='2200062']...I hope it provides a bit of ....er ... something :rolleyes:[/quote]

Good evening, lurksalot (...or may I call you 'Lurks'..?)...

A bit of....er ... something..? Mission accomplished, Cap'n, message got. The scene is dressed. The photo is not Henley Regatta (...[i]although, with a bit of a stretch..? No, forget it[/i]... :rolleyes: ).
Certainly atmospheric, and an appropriate descent into chaos periodically. Maybe that's the strength of the photo; you'll find, if you get round to it, that we're actually rather on the same wavelength. It's going to be interesting to compare, at the end of the month, all these similar, and yet all so different, cloths woven from the same threads of emotion.
Nice one, sir; well done.

Now put that gun down..! :P

Many thanks Dad ( if I may also be so familiar :) )

I think maybe I was a touch trigger happy but then, in the overall scheme of things I did try to use them as a snare effect with the necessary randomness thrown in .

I am sure the soundcloud treatment squashes the mix , It had far more dynamic range on my system before I uploaded it and seems to have a smiley face EQ thrown at it .

Still , I think the idea comes through OK , I will Try to catch up on my listening soooon.

[quote name='the boy' timestamp='1378937272' post='2206896']..."mmmbop"...
[/quote]

"mmmbop"..?

"mmmbop"..?

"mmmbop"..!

Yes, I've got it..! Splendid..! Revelation..! Look out, folks, tube of the century coming up..! What a sound..! "mmmbop"..! It's so... so... How should one say... Grungy..! Yes, that's it..! Grungy, and depressed. Wonderful.
"mmmbop" I'll never stop saying "mmmbop" Marvellous..! Inspired..! "mmmbop"..!

(...[i]Runs outside, half-clothed, yelling[/i] "mmmbop" [i]at any moving object, and disappears beyond the turn of the beach. The cry continues to echo from further and further away[/i]... "mmmbop"...[size=3]"mmmbop"[/size]...[size=2]"mmmbop".[/size].. [size=1]"mmmbop"[/size]...)

Edited by Dad3353

[quote name='the boy' timestamp='1378941895' post='2206980']
The song by Hanson........
[/quote]

Damned..! I thought I was onto summit there. So grungy, so depressed. Never mind, now I've seen (heard..?) the light, I'll get back to my Bruckner. I was right, though; it's catchy... :mellow:

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1378942279' post='2206983']
Ha! Dad thinks Hanson sell gravel and cement. ;)
[/quote]

I've an invoice from them to that effect, too. I didn't realise they'd diversified. :unsure:

If it's not too late, here's my attempt, probably not up to everyone else's standards, but kinda cool and I think gets the right vibe, cold and desolate.

[url="https://soundcloud.com/ambientbassist/my-mind"]https://soundcloud.c...bassist/my-mind[/url]

Didn't have any contemporary war news recordings, but the effect is the same.

Edited by ambient

[quote name='ambient' timestamp='1379255448' post='2210375']If it's not too late, here's my attempt...[/quote]

Well done! Haven't listened to it yet, but I'll do so once the voting starts.

I'm fairly sure the deadline is midnight on Monday 23rd.

Just finished a crazy spell at work, so I might try to get something in myself. Be a shame not to! But time may conspire against me this month :(

Not going to make it this month despite a great pic, moving all my gear into a spare bedroom and need to build a desk, setup a new computer and sort out where my monitor's are going to go, my wife is throwing me out of the living room as I am now taking too much space up. Have to empty all the crap I have put in the room over many years, so lots of eBay and tip visits coming up, will try to stick anything that anyone can use that's going free on Basschat. Will listen to the entries and vote at the end of the month though. :)

[quote name='CamdenRob' timestamp='1379315175' post='2211045']Can't seem to find the time this month... [/quote]

I know the feeling. I've got quite a strong idea, but it's a bit too ambitious given there's only a week or so left (and I'm currently house hunting when not in work, so it's hectic on all fronts!). But I have a 'Plan B' that I might have time to work on if I pull my socks up.

I'm also working on a new track with Mike (urb), which is going great. More on that later...

[quote name='Skol303' timestamp='1379339412' post='2211426']
I know the feeling. I've got quite a strong idea, but it's a bit too ambitious given there's only a week or so left (and I'm currently house hunting when not in work, so it's hectic on all fronts!). But I have a 'Plan B' that I might have time to work on if I pull my socks up.

I'm also working on a new track with Mike (urb), which is going great. More on that later...
[/quote]

I can sympathise, I'm at the other end of a house move, moved in last week... chaos.

I regularly check your soundcloud anyway so I'll see the new track with Mike when you put it, looking forward to it.

Rob

[quote name='stu_g' timestamp='1379340484' post='2211436']
heres my effort for this month managed to get my fretless pj bass up and running at the weekend, so rustled this tune up earlier today :
[url="https://soundcloud.com/stuartgeary/still"]https://soundcloud.c...uartgeary/still[/url]
[/quote]

Nice !

[quote name='stu_g' timestamp='1379340484' post='2211436']
heres my effort for this month managed to get my fretless pj bass up and running at the weekend, so rustled this tune up earlier today :
[url="https://soundcloud.com/stuartgeary/still"]https://soundcloud.com/stuartgeary/still[/url]
[/quote]
That's pretty cool. Sounds like moondance on acid.

Ok, so here's my sept entry. It's a bit unfinished as in its an edited down version. The original is about 8 mins long and full of terrible singing. It's called "hope thereafter" imagine if you will that this picture is a turning point and from here on things improve for the soldier. Hope you like it. It's not what I conceived, however it is, what it is. Enjoy.

http://m.soundcloud.com/theboysings/hope-thereafter

Edit for link attachment(what a twat).

Edited by the boy