Why become a member? ×

Ebay scam happening now. It's my bass!!

police squad

Another way would be to do another listing with the same picture and heading
with the information telling people its a con, i did this when i found out that the HK
actor pa system i was going to bid on was owned by someone else selling on gumtree.

Until now, I've been vocally critical of people selling through General Discussion, but I must say that getting StingrayPete to buy it for a million quid, is class! No criticism from me, Police Squad! :P

Seriously though, can someone explain how it's safe to bid if eBay take no action? I'd love to help, but need to know what I'm doing.

[quote name='Fionn' timestamp='1376926956' post='2181001']
It's the same guy that's (apparently) selling the SB1000.

I put a post up about that a couple of days ago in the "ebay/ weird and wonderful" section of the forum. Dodgy as hell!!!
[/quote]
The photo of the body of that SB1000 is the same photo as one on a TalkBas thread from 2007.

Edited by BetaFunk

It now says

[b][i]On 19-Aug-13 at 17:31:37 BST, seller added the following information:

Please note the correct photo's of my bass are now up, the are the last 7 images taken outside in the garden. I am sorry if this caused confusion. I am sure you will agree the bass looks great, and is every good as it looks.[/i][/b]

Edited by TransistorBassMan

[quote name='leonshelley01' timestamp='1376931128' post='2181095']
If those new pictures turn out geniunely his, is that going to cause a problem for those who have bid on this?
[/quote]

He still hasn't answered my question about this thread, even though he has obviously checked his messages: someone has convieniently asked him about the photos and he has replied to them. :rolleyes:

[quote name='BetaFunk' timestamp='1376930732' post='2181088']
That seems to have been removed.
[/quote]

Nah, it's still up ... [url="http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Aria-SB1000/141037567469?_trksid=p2045573.m2042&_trkparms=aid%3D111000%26algo%3DREC.CURRENT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D16581%26meid%3D682470702607343522%26pid%3D100033%26prg%3D7839%26rk%3D2%26rkt%3D4%26sd%3D141037568961%26#ht_137wt_1172"]http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Aria-SB1000/141037567469?_trksid=p2045573.m2042&_trkparms=aid%3D111000%26algo%3DREC.CURRENT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D16581%26meid%3D682470702607343522%26pid%3D100033%26prg%3D7839%26rk%3D2%26rkt%3D4%26sd%3D141037568961%26#ht_137wt_1172[/url]

Haha, caught him out on the SB1000 too. He;s asking me for info on it now so he can correct the listing. So tempted to feed him a nonsense model number and see if he changes the listing....

[b]Dear steviec99,[/b]

[font=arial, sans-serif][size=3]I'm not having a good here. I bought the bass in 1995 and it was still in a plastic bag untouched, not a mark on it and was told it was a 1980 model, which was of no real interest, so if you know better then please can you tell its correct year or thereabouts so I can correct this again. I am presently trying to clear my name on a bass guitar forum due to me putting up somebody else's photos in error and only being told after the event by ebay that they cannot be removed.[/size][/font]
[font=arial, sans-serif][size=2][b]
- ambience13tim[/b][/size][/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif][size=2][b]
[size=2][b]Dear ambience13tim,[/b]

Hi,

The new photos you've posted aren't a 1980 bass either... [/size]

[size=2]
- steviec99[/size]

[/b][/size][/font]

If in the unlikely event that the guy has made a huge error in judgement 'putting up' Police Squad's photos then the intelligent thing would be to pull the Aria from the auction and start again with his own photos.

As matters stand the item has been reported many times as being fraudulent. The great thing about bids up at £20k is that it protects legitimate bidders. You would think he might have clocked that theres a reason that bids are up at £20k.

Just sent him this...

Why have you listed it with someone elses photos yet with no reason for this? And why are they still there? BTW I will not be paying you for the item if I win and nor will all the other people, I suggest you pull the listing and start a fresh with only the pictures of the actual bass maybe with a copy of todays newspaper or similar in the photo. Thanks

Which I presume he can see if he is reading this, Hi Tim :)

[quote name='Clarky72' timestamp='1376932373' post='2181123']
Haha, caught him out on the SB1000 too. He;s asking me for info on it now so he can correct the listing. So tempted to feed him a nonsense model number and see if he changes the listing....

[b]Dear steviec99,[/b]

[font=arial, sans-serif][size=3]I'm not having a good here. I bought the bass in 1995 and it was still in a plastic bag untouched, not a mark on it and was told it was a 1980 model, which was of no real interest, so if you know better then please can you tell its correct year or thereabouts so I can correct this again. I am presently trying to clear my name on a bass guitar forum due to me putting up somebody else's photos in error and only being told after the event by ebay that they cannot be removed.[/size][/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif][size=2][b]- ambience13tim[/b][/size][/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif][size=2][b][size=2][b]Dear ambience13tim,[/b]

Hi,

The new photos you've posted aren't a 1980 bass either... [/size]

[size=2]- steviec99[/size][/b][/size][/font]

[/quote]
What a dick!

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' timestamp='1376932051' post='2181119']
Looks like me that will be winning it, what should I do? I'm thinking cash on collection only and if he refuses to allow it then Ebay will have to side with me as that's what it is listed as?
[/quote]

Pete dont worry about it, it was as has been said a duff listing with the wrong photos.. end of
whats the worst he can do give you 1 bad feedback ?
ebay have been told enough to pull it.

I have also advised him to end the auction due to error in the listing, and relist it explaining the probs.
if he is gen he would do this.