Why become a member? ×

NBD, epic road trip for collection!

Matt P

In an hour or two I'm going to be heading south to Leicester to collect my new Letts 5 string singlecut, it's going to be about 3 hours in the car on my own but I don't care. I'll see if I can sort some pictures but I'm staying overnight at a friend's in Halifax (and seeing their band play at the cross keys in Morley tonight)

This is a huge deal for me, I've not really bought much in the way of new instruments and this is the first time I've had any control over the specifications.

Wish me luck on the M1.

Matt

[quote name='Matt P' timestamp='1376727930' post='2178398']
In an hour or two I'm going to be heading south to Leicester to collect my new Letts 5 string singlecut, it's going to be about 3 hours in the car on my own but I don't care. I'll see if I can sort some pictures but I'm staying overnight at a friend's in Halifax (and seeing their band play at the cross keys in Morley tonight)

This is a huge deal for me, I've not really bought much in the way of new instruments and this is the first time I've had any control over the specifications.

Wish me luck on the M1.

Matt
[/quote]
Good luck...and reward us with pics once you have returned home.

If it's any consolation I have considered doing the exact same thing regarding Letts basses...however I would have a 6 hour drive!

[quote name='Matt P' timestamp='1376732126' post='2178450']
Just about to jump in the car to leave, it's a 3 hour trip each way, would have been much cheaper to post it!
[/quote]

Not the same though! I did about a two houd detour as part of a seven hour trip to pick my Shuker up - worth every bum-numbing mile :)

[quote name='Matt P' timestamp='1376774794' post='2179082']
Apologies! It was a whistlestop visit to Jon followed by a dash to the gig, I've got the bass, it's excellent and I'll post some pictures tomorrow when I get a chance to take some.

Matt
[/quote]
Only a whistlestop visit? That's a pity. Enjoy the gig...cannot wait to see pics of your new axe!

i've not really had a chance to give it a proper wpork out yet but so far i'm very impressed, the fit and finish are very good, and the neck profile sits perfectly in the hand, the balance is fantastic both on the strap and on the knee.

i'll give a proper report when i've had a chance to try it out live with a band.

Matt

[quote name='Matt P' timestamp='1376990387' post='2181802']
i've not really had a chance to give it a proper wpork out yet but so far i'm very impressed, the fit and finish are very good, and the neck profile sits perfectly in the hand, the balance is fantastic both on the strap and on the knee.

i'll give a proper report when i've had a chance to try it out live with a band.

Matt
[/quote]
Much obliged.