Why become a member? ×

How Loud is this Gig?

MisterFingers

[quote name='MisterFingers' timestamp='1376593709' post='2176653']
I can hear the Kings of Leon pretty well (particularly the bass and kick) tonight. Thing is they are playing in Bellahouston Park which is about 2.5 miles away from my flat, well across the river and with windows shut. Can't stand the band either, natch. :angry:
[/quote]

phone local council - get them to send EHO's around and pull the plug unless they turn down - seems to be all the rage with local councilcs at the moment

I love living where I do. There are approximately 15 sites within about a 3 mile radius that have outdoor mini festivals every year. Most Friday and Saturday nights in the summer I can sit in my back garden, sipping a beer, and listen to live music.

I get to hear anything from unsigned originals band and pub covers bands(a fair share of tribute bands too) right through to bands you used to love but thought had split up decades ago.

A couple of years ago Tyketto headlined on the Saturday night, and the wind was in just the right direction, that it wouldn't have been much clearer if I'd been sitting in my lounge listening to a live recording.

I've often wondered what some of my less music loving neighbours think of it, but we think it's brilliant.

Oh, and before someone asks why, if I love listening to the local live music so much, why don't I get a ticket and go? That's the plan for next year once the kids are old enough to enjoy it.

Edited by Dave_the_bass

[quote name='Dave_the_bass' timestamp='1377029599' post='2182538']
I love living where I do. There are approximately 15 sites within about a 3 mile radius that have outdoor mini festivals every year. Most Friday and Saturday nights in the summer I can sit in my back garden, sipping a beer, and listen to live music.

I get to hear anything from unsigned originals band and pub covers bands(a fair share of tribute bands too) right through to bands you used to love but thought had split up decades ago.

A couple of years ago Tyketto headlined on the Saturday night, and the wind was in just the right direction, that it wouldn't have been much clearer if I'd been sitting in my lounge listening to a live recording.

I've often wondered what some of my less music loving neighbours think of it, but we think it's brilliant.

Oh, and before someone asks why, if I love listening to the local live music so much, why don't I get a ticket and go? That's the plan for next year once the kids are old enough to enjoy it.
[/quote]

Cool!;)

[quote name='steve-bbb' timestamp='1377028657' post='2182513']
phone local council - get them to send EHO's around and pull the plug unless they turn down - seems to be all the rage with local councilcs at the moment
[/quote]

I'm sure that local pensioners have been jamming the phone lines as Slim Shady drowns out their TV dramas, but I'm actually intrigued as to what size of line array they must be using over there - 40K? Birds must be dropping dead out the trees. :yarr: