Why become a member? ×

NBD - Precision, an unexpected gift!

Urban Bassman

Replacement knobs and strings arrived today so I'll be busy with the lemon oil and a small screwdriver. Once it's cleaned and restrung I'll post another pic or two.

And to comment on some of the other posts. Yes he is a very decent chap indeed and it's nice to post some good news.

No! tort will look horrid on that blue... stay with the white or mint or pearl...

I swapped out the machines on my 2002 model P as the originals were a tad sloppy.

I also added chrome covers and tugbar for the vintage vibe. They really are super if you find yourself a good one.

A very refreshing story in these sometimes sad times; kudos to your chum. Maybe you could return the favour by giving him that 57 gold-top Les Paul you've had stashed under your bed for the last 30 years..? :mellow:
As to the colour, I'd say it's quite definitely a blue of some sort. :happy:

Wow what a good mate you have! Lovely bass mate.
My vote goes to lake placid blue.
This Squier 50's classic vibe is lpb. Daphne blue is a solid colour so it's defo not that check out this jazz in it.

Nice that it's lightweight too as all the Mexi's I tried a while back were pretty weighty

Congrats! :)

[quote name='bh2' timestamp='1376585498' post='2176525']
No! tort will look horrid on that blue... stay with the white or mint or pearl...

I swapped out the machines on my 2002 model P as the originals were a tad sloppy.

I also added chrome covers and tugbar for the vintage vibe. They really are super if you find yourself a good one.
[/quote]

As much as I like Torti Scratch Plates I don't think it would look right on this. The White 3 ply has faded to a nice cream so I'm going to keep it as is.

The Machines on the bass seem very solid, I guess because they've hardly been used.

[quote name='ChickenKiev' timestamp='1376698989' post='2178310']
I think they call this serendipity my friend...
[/quote]
[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1376707186' post='2178332']
Is that a Fender colour..? Never heard of it.
[/quote]

You'd be lucky to find one in that colour...

[quote name='Urban Bassman' timestamp='1376754173' post='2178746']
I'll have to take a photo of mine lying on a duvet cover for comparison - nice bass
[/quote]

I had to drill out the holes for the bling, easy enough. I just wanted the old vintage vibe.

Turned out to be a really lovely bass, plays and sounds ver nice indeed.

Cheers

[quote name='Urban Bassman' timestamp='1376745868' post='2178612']

As much as I like Torti Scratch Plates I don't think it would look right on this. The White 3 ply has faded to a nice cream so I'm going to keep it as is.

The Machines on the bass seem very solid, I guess because they've hardly been used.
[/quote]

Yeah keep it as is. Maybe get a white pickup cover instead to compliment the strat knobs? I think that'd look sick.

Tort pickguards look cool on blue instruments but not on that shade. If it was more of an electric blue I'd say go for it.

Definitely get the white pickup cover though. It'd look proper smart.