Why become a member? ×

Now this is how to photograph and describe a bass!

[quote name='warwickhunt' timestamp='1376468305' post='2174201']

Did he make as much effort on his previous sales? ;)
[/quote]
Slightly more, tho one gets the impression that this guy's an ebay battle hardened Scot who's encountered countless inconvenient buyers unwilling to travel to the length of the country.

Would anyone buy anything where there is absolutely no description at all for the item except for sounding like you are the most unreasonable man ever. I wouldn`t even bother going to see it prior to bidding without a photo, as it isn`t exactly cheap

the 'If you choose to pay via PayPal then I will ask you to sign for the goods when you call to collect.' is a good idea though, I know a couple of people who have been bitten by this. Although a photo is probably better!

Edited by Woodinblack

• 3 weeks later...

He's not a happy bunny... his description may be longer but none of it about the bass! I wonder if that is because his previous bidder doesn't think the item is as described? [url="http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/WARWICK-Streamer-LX-4-string-electric-bass-guitar-Honey-Violin-finish-/390656974624?pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV&hash=item5af4f85f20"]http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/WARWICK-Streamer-LX-4-string-electric-bass-guitar-Honey-Violin-finish-/390656974624?pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV&hash=item5af4f85f20[/url]

The negative he received also speaks volumes. He says that his buyer (who put in a claim for an item not received I would presume) 'declined' a certificate of posting. I would guess that when the buyer contacted the seller, the seller offered to send on the COP so that the buyer could claim from the Post Office. It's the seller's responsibility to do this. In those circumstances, I would decline the offer of the COP and assuming that the buyer then didn't start acting properly (which I would guess that he wouldn't have in this case) leave negative feedback.

Following up negative feedback can be a two edged sword. Sometimes sellers can give their side of the case well making it seem likely that the buyer was at fault. Sometimes they just dig the hole deeper.

[quote name='Twigman' timestamp='1378722078' post='2203562']
What's so unreasonable about him? Seems sensible to me.
[/quote] Because if you want to sell something for that much money, I would think it would be reasonable to post a photo or 2 and a description. Instead you just get a load of restrictions.

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Woodinblack' timestamp='1376821019' post='2179387']
the 'If you choose to pay via PayPal then I will ask you to sign for the goods when you call to collect.' is a good idea though, I know a couple of people who have been bitten by this. Although a photo is probably better!
[/quote]

Neither of those options will protect you I'm afraid, Paypal require you to use a service with online tracking & delivery confirmation. If the buyer files an INR & you can't provide the online tracking details Paypal will refund, regardless of any other proof you may have. An insane loophole that eBay refuse to close & brings plenty of ripped off sellers to the eBay forums every month.

Our seller is clearly an idiot, he doesn't seem to know that eBay can make him give refunds & his reply to the negative feedback for non-delivery suggests he thinks a certificate of postage is proof of receipt.