Why become a member? ×

So that everyone here is clear on me. My credentials and endorsements

TomRichards

[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Hello Everyone![/font][/size]

[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Seems that some people here recently have missed my profile, so I'm gonna put all my info in this post. Please understand that I try to be careful with my posts, but from time to time I may stray given that I have significant relationships in the industry.[/font][/size]

[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]1. I am a 35 year former touring and session bass player from the US whose band was signed to Relativity in the late 1980's and spent 6 years on the label (with minimal critical or commercial success.) [/font][/size]

[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]2. I have toured and traveled the world extensively, and know a LOT of bass players, famous and not so. You can visit my Facebook page and peruse my friends list. I am not "friended" by nor do I "friend" any bass player I have not known in at least a true professional way at a minimum.Many are personal friends or close acquaintances.[/font][/size]

[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]3. I am the National Sales Manager for AP International and Floyd Rose Marketing, based in Wall, NJ, USA. We are one of the larger distributors of guitar, bass and accessories. The owner of AP International was the VP of Manufacturing for Kramer from its inception till it was sold to Gibson. He is loaded with information AND many of the actual basses made under Kramer.[/font][/size]

[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]4. AP International distributes Brubaker Brute Series Basses. So, while I am not endorsed by them, I do have a professional relationship with Kevin Brubaker and Brubaker basses.[/font][/size]

[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]5. I have been endorsed by and played Hartke amps and cabs for over 25 years. (Samsontech.com)[/font][/size]

[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]6. I am now endorsed by Vivid Amps, a new amp company in the US making cool Class D amps.(Vividamps.com)[/font][/size]

[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]7. I am endorsed by Bitchstraps. (Bitchstraps.com)[/font][/size]

[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]8. I am endorsed by J. Backiund Design Guitars and Basses, another recent endorsement. (jbacklund.com)[/font][/size]

[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]9. I have worked with, and know, many of the legendary bass builders. I count among my friends and acquaintances Ned Steinberger, Mike Tobias, Bruce Bennett, Jens Ritter, Gerald Marleaux, Rob Green, Stuart Spector, Vinny Fodera, Rob Elrick, Sheldon Dingwall, Tim Cloonan, Mas Hino, Rick Turner, Mike Pedulla, [color=#444444]Nobuaki Hayashi (H. Noble from Aria), Jimmy Coppolo, Cary Nordstrand and Mike Lull. I have personal and business relationships with them, and frequently talk with them.[/color][/font][/size]

[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][color=#444444]10. Dennis Kager, the second legend from AMPEG and the man responsible for the Ampeg scroll head basses, improvements to Jess Oliver's B series amps and one of the key members of the development of the SVT, is a personal friend and I see him frequently. Larry Hartke is a friend, and lives less then an hour from me, and I see him often. More for a beer, shot and some funny stories, but he has been my supporter for many years. I am also one of the few who owns a Vaccaro made Hartke XL-4 bass.[/color][/font]

[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][color=#444444]10. I am a recognized expert in vintage Danelectro, Silvertone and Coral instruments[/color][/font][/size][color=#444444][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]I[/font][/color]

[color=#444444][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]11. I play with a pick. Deal with it.[/font][/color]

Edited by TomRichards

[quote name='cloudburst' timestamp='1375381704' post='2160624']
What did you have to do to get endorsed by Bitchstraps?

CB
[/quote]

Well, it happened sort of by accident. I know them a little and have for a while. I was in Nashville for Summer NAMM and spent a nice afternoon with their sales manager. She and I clicked. I gave her my info and told her if they ever needed I would help in any way I could. She contacted me. And the story begins.....

[quote name='steve-soar' timestamp='1375381676' post='2160623']
That li'l amp looks very interesting and cool.
[/quote]

Thanks. It is and I'm just starting to explore using it.

That is sort of why I posted this. One of the peeps on the amp and cab forum saw that I was endorsed by them, and made a little stink. I had actually purchased the amp THEN they gave me the endorsement, so it happened fast, within the past three days. They were a little offended that I didn't scream it, but they were easily able to find out all my endorsements, so I see no biggie. But hey, I have posted this here now, so I don't think anyone can miss anything.

[quote name='TomRichards' timestamp='1375380843' post='2160605']
[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Hello Everyone![/font][/size]

[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Seems that some people here recently have missed my profile, so I'm gonna put all my info in this post. Please understand that I try to be careful with my posts, but from time to time I may stray given that I have significant relationships in the industry.[/font][/size]
[/quote]

Hi
Not to sound bitchy but im not too sure what you are trying to say here ?
are you saying that we should not have missed it for some reason ??

[quote name='funkgod' timestamp='1375396673' post='2160858']
[/quote]

I miss loads of stuff. Eastenders, my own birthday, the toilet seat. The list goes on.

[quote name='paul_5' timestamp='1375396841' post='2160861']
I miss loads of stuff. Eastenders, my own birthday, the toilet seat. The list goes on.
[/quote]

You forgot larger oil pan under the car :lol: :P

Edited by funkgod

[quote name='funkgod' timestamp='1375396673' post='2160858']

Hi
Not to sound bitchy but im not too sure what you are trying to say here ?
[/quote]

In a recent thread, there was a grumble that Tom was bigging up a product while not making clear his associations with the manufacturer. This thread makes his associations very clear, hopefully preventing any future confusion.

[quote name='JapanAxe' timestamp='1375436185' post='2161164']
Well you've really stuck your neck out Tom - you'll now be expected to weigh in with an expert opinion on everything, including [url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/213133-honest-opinions-and-views-wanted/"]cross-dressing[/url]!
[/quote]

LOL! Okay, I might know something about that too.. ;-)

[quote name='shizznit' timestamp='1375446561' post='2161491']
Wow! Thanks for the info Tom! Not sure if you we're intending to fish for respect or simply wanting to set the record straight, but from one working pro to another, you need a website!

Nice to meet you Tom :)
[size=4][/quote] +1[/size]
[size=4]Welcome Tom. Its good to have you here.[/size]

{[i]Tannoy annoncement: Will the duty bass player come to the checkout, Someone wants to talk about bass[/i]!}

[quote name='dood' timestamp='1375444346' post='2161430']

Hey Tom!
[/quote]

Hey Bass Dood! Congrats on your new baby! I'll say that here in case the Basschatters didn't know you are a new dad!

Miss you Dan, I am planning to come back to the UK in the fall. We will jam (and do other things rock stars do......)

[quote name='shizznit' timestamp='1375446561' post='2161491']
Wow! Thanks for the info Tom! Not sure if you we're intending to fish for respect or simply wanting to set the record straight, but from one working pro to another, you need a website!

Nice to meet you Tom :)
[/quote]

I probably should get the website, but I mostly just live off my Facebook pages for now. I'm no longer the "star" I once was, and am fortunate to live in an area that is close to NYC AND has a vibrant music scene. For example, Graham Maby lives 35 minutes from me, and he has been doing a lot of small gigs in my area the past year, so I get to see and jam with Graham. Also, Jack Daley and Kenny Aaronson are also here, so we get together often, knock back a few beers and sometimes even swap songs on some of the smaller gigs.

That doesn't make me famous, nor cool, and its not intended to name drop, as I see them more because of the scene and proximity. I was not fishing for respect, but to make a post here somewhere so that all the buggers who get a little upset thinking I'm hawking something will understand. Will I occasionally sing the praises or raise awareness of a product I use or endorse? Yes. Will I do the same for someone I do not endorse, but I think has something cool or good? YES! For example, watch this:

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4QFzcFzURY"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4QFzcFzURY[/url]

Scott makes maybe the best looking single cut to me, somewhere between a Musicman and a custom Brubaker. I dig it, just wish he had made and advertised these before I got a few endorsement and I still had some free cash.

[quote name='Gust0o' timestamp='1375459087' post='2161761']
Thanks for the post, Tom - if it helps avoid any confusion on both sides, all the better :)

You did get me to thinking though, that now would be a good time to start looking for a new strap!
[/quote]

Gusto, if you do decide to do the Bitchstrap, let me know, and I will see if I can get you a better price on it, given its going to the UK.

I love mine. And, well, if I may say so myself, I do wear it well....