Why become a member? ×

So that everyone here is clear on me. My credentials and endorsements

TomRichards

[quote name='BassTractor' timestamp='1375462441' post='2161853']
Bah, you're just a bunch of losers all of you.
But I ..
I know Tom Richards! Oh, yes! We're virtually best buddies on BC, we are.
:P

best,
bert
[/quote]

Bert I would love the opportunity to connect with you and get to know you better. I love your sense of humor.

And for the record you can use me as a reference.... ;)

[quote name='TomRichards' timestamp='1375452231' post='2161614']
Hey Bass Dood! Congrats on your new baby! I'll say that here in case the Basschatters didn't know you are a new dad!

Miss you Dan, I am planning to come back to the UK in the fall. We will jam (and do other things rock stars do......)
[/quote]

Awww Thank you Tom! Indeed, yup, my lil girl is doing really well bless her! six weeks old today and it really does seem like yesterday she was born. I mean, through the lack of sleep, it does feel like one day started and hasn't quite ended yet :) :) I'm falling asleep at my desk right now.

Yup, we'll definitely have a good catch up soon. Just lemme know when you're on the way!

- For those who may be taking Tom's post out of context a bit, please, don't be unwelcoming. - Tom is a good guy, proud of what he's achieved but at the same time is just being honest before he gets leapt on about where he's coming from. We on this forum are a bit reserved and don't like shouting about what we do - I guess it's a british thing? You only have to look at the recording forum to see how little material there is posted when the forum is rammed with 'busy' bass players eh! :) Maybe we could all use the opportunity to offer up and be proud of our achievements. I might just start up a thread about that!

Thanks! And glad to hear she is doing great, although you now are probably chronically tired. :)

You know Dood that in person I may be a little out front but not as much as my post. And that was not to declare I am bigger then McCartney (I wish) but to have a clear declaration of me so when someone reads my posts they can place the credibility in it they judge to.

However, you guys really do need to sing your praises a bit more. There are a ton of amazing players on your side of the pond who deserve more public attention then they get. You would think, based on major bass media here, that bass in the UK ended with John Paul Jones and Adam Clayton.

[quote name='TomRichards' timestamp='1375536139' post='2162628']
Bert I would love the opportunity to connect with you and get to know you better. I love your sense of humor.
[/quote]

Aw. That was nce. Just come over and sleep in my bed for the week-end.
I mean: it's never been used. I never make it from the sofa to the sleeping room door. Belgian ales, mind.

[quote name='TomRichards' timestamp='1375536139' post='2162628']
And for the record you can use me as a reference.... ;)
[/quote]

Thanks, Tom, but I'm not too sure about that. In my circles, I'd be looked down upon for just knowing your name! ...
;)

[quote name='TomRichards' timestamp='1375536854' post='2162647']
However, you guys really do need to sing your praises a bit more.
[/quote]

No, not me. As you've already gathered, I try to stay modest.
:P :lol:

best,
bert

[quote name='dood' timestamp='1375536180' post='2162630']
Awww Thank you Tom! Indeed, yup, my lil girl is doing really well bless her! six weeks old today and it really does seem like yesterday she was born. I mean, through the lack of sleep, it does feel like one day started and hasn't quite ended yet :) :) I'm falling asleep at my desk right now.

We on this forum are a bit reserved and don't like shouting about what we do - I guess it's a british thing? You only have to look at the recording forum to see how little material there is posted when the forum is rammed with 'busy' bass players eh! :) Maybe we could all use the opportunity to offer up and be proud of our achievements. I might just start up a thread about that!
[/quote]

Welcome to parenthood dood! :D

Tbh most of this thread has gone completely over my head.. no disrespect mind.

As a fairly novice 'noob' to the aforementioned BC 'Recording' forum, I presented an entry up to the july-composition-competition (NYC at night) to the 'judges' for their consideration - I think I can count myself lucky to have gained '4' of the 39 votes cast!! :P despite having two of the best Saxophone players in Europe today playing on our track.. ho hum.. I'm such a bad loser!!!! [url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/213014-july-composition-competition-the-results/"]http://basschat.co.uk/topic/213014-july-composition-competition-the-results/[/url]

I am extremely proud of what Simon, Reiner and I achieved with 'Downtown Bleecker'..

Anyway, I thought it was about the music?!?!

So, remind me - what were you talking about? ;)

That's quite a list of endorsees Tom, I'd be proud to have done 1/2 of what you've done when it comes to music.
& you play bass with just an index & pinky finger? Must be a Country bassist.

Dood, congrats on becoming a dad. :)