Why become a member? ×

July Composition Competition - THE RESULTS!

Skol303

[quote name='Skol303' timestamp='1375312245' post='2159762']...hearty congratulations to Garry (lowdown) who is this month's winner by over 30% of the vote!...[/quote]

Well done, and against stiff competition, too. Maybe I should have (mis-...) spent a bit more of my distant youth in those great halls of [s]fire[/s] disco, it's a genre of which I know little. Never mind, onwards and upwards; on to the next challenge. Thumbs up for all entries, of course, especially that for which [i]I [/i]voted..!

([i]Potters off, mumbling[/i]... [size=3]One day I'll have voted for the winner, one day..! I always knew my tastes were, [i]comment dire[/i], off-centre, but really... Disco, indeed..! These kids of today have lost their way, I fear. We are all doomed.[/size]..)

Thanks for all the nice comments folks, It was a good month and some great tracks up there.
It was a bit of a tough call voting, but I got there in the end, someone really surprised me
with something out of the blue. :D[size=4] [/size]

70's was a great time for clubs and tripping over handbags (not mine) in search of one night of beer goggled fumbles. :lol:[size=4] [/size]

[quote name='urb' timestamp='1375368371' post='2160390']
Well done Garry - about time you won it... good stuff mate
[/quote]

Thanks Mike.

Well, that's my second win, and a first place tie..So I can hang up my DAW now (Along with Skol & You). :lol:

Garry

[quote name='Dad3353' timestamp='1375314369' post='2159788']
Well done, and against stiff competition, too. Maybe I should have (mis-...) spent a bit more of my distant youth in those great halls of [s]fire[/s] disco, it's a genre of which I know little. Never mind, onwards and upwards; on to the next challenge. Thumbs up for all entries, of course, especially that for which [i]I [/i]voted..!

([i]Potters off, mumbling[/i]... [size=3]One day I'll have voted for the winner, one day..! I always knew my tastes were, [i]comment dire[/i], off-centre, but really... Disco, indeed..! These kids of today have lost their way, I fear. We are all doomed.[/size]..)
[/quote]

Perhaps one month we could have a comp challenge related to a period of ones youth - Disco could be mine of course.

I await your Viennese Waltz. :ph34r:[size=4] [/size][size=4] :D[/size]

[quote name='lowdown' timestamp='1375369223' post='2160408']
Perhaps one month we could have a comp challenge related to a period of ones youth - Disco could be mine of course.
I await your Viennese Waltz. :ph34r:[size=4] :D[/size]
[/quote]

Too modern by far... :mellow:

[attachment=140365:Cave_Drum.jpg]

[quote name='lowdown' timestamp='1375350578' post='2160047']
Thanks for all the nice comments folks, It was a good month and some great tracks up there.
It was a bit of a tough call voting, but I got there in the end, someone really surprised me
with something out of the blue. :D

70's was a great time for clubs and tripping over handbags (not mine) in search of one night of beer goggled fumbles. :lol:
[/quote]

:lol: :lol: Congratulations Garry , a great track , and a worthy winner ( it got my vote )

I managed to get a vote at the death which was a real treat , I am most grateful , I must have done something right :rolleyes:

Well I was rubbish this month as life got in the way so didn't have time to either compose or listen to all the tracks before Weds.

However, up early today on a day off work and have listened to them all, and Lowdown would have had my vote, in fact I still can't stop listening to the track... It's got such and awesome dance feel... I need to work out how to download it as that's a real "get you going" song. The bassline on it was truly outstanding.

I enjoyed everyone's tracks though :D