Why become a member? ×

Ped!!!

Grand Wazoo

[quote name='bluejay' timestamp='1373314238' post='2136105']
Must be an issue with Firefox (all releases), because more often than not this site is slow as treacle to load on all of my machines. All other sites are fine. I'm against IE and Chrome so I don't use them.
[/quote]

[url="http://www.srware.net/en/software_srware_iron.php"]Chrome for people who are against Chrome[/url].

[quote name='waynepunkdude' timestamp='1373314497' post='2136112']
Why would anyone be against Chrome?
[/quote]

All your browsing history are belong to google. There are versions of Chrome around without the spyware (as mentioned by WoT) but I was disappointed to see Chromium is still linked to google.

Script errors are a real pain in the posterior.

If they're not universal (i.e. not every user gets them even though they are using the same browser) then the chances are that either your browser has a security setting 'checked' that prevents the script from running or you have another piece of software (a software firewall or AV package perhaps) which is preventing the script from running.

Web browsers use different ways of processing 'scripts' and sometimes the latest version of a browser won't work with software that was released prior to the browser becoming available to test against.
IE10 (which I use) has some annoying traits due to the above.

The other thing to consider is the number of 'steps' that data has to go through before it arrives at your browser.
If I do a traceroute back to basschat.co.uk, I go through 13 external hardware devices before I get to BassChat - any one of which may or may not be faulty, badly setup or congested.
We don't all use the same route to get to BassChat.

For the terminally nerdy, if you want to see where the 'slow bit' is, open up a 'Run' window and type CMD and then press [ENTER].

In that black window type tracert basschat.co.uk and press [ENTER]

You'll be presented with a readout (it takes a minute so be patient) showing the hardware that your traffic is being passed through and a time (in ms).
The bigger the number, the longer your traffic is taking to get through it.

I bet the biggest numbers are before you even leave the UK. :)