Why become a member? ×

Totally Blissed Out Tonight! What a rehearsal! And a few other things ..

xilddx

Wow. I feel so good right now :)

Kit brought a new song to rehearsal tonight, and it's gorgeous, magical! We all learned it and She's got me doing some gentle beat-boxing, and singing three part harmony with Sam the guitarist. I can sing pretty well, but using a mic while playing bass is very new to me, it's HARD. But I did it, and the beat-boxing is hilarious fun, especially because I'm a drummer at heart :D I've never felt so motivated to start REALLY practising singing and playing bass together

I've always wanted to sing on stage with a band and I've written and recorded songs, but my voice sounds like a f***ing piglet trapped in a child's body, so I've long recognised I'll never realise any pretension to singing lead, but singing harmony feels like a glorious catharsis for me. I've not felt so musically blissed out for so many years! It's the singing that's done it.

Add to the above that I started bass lessons with Jake Newman last week which has really propelled me into a whole new level of seriousness with learning theory and notation. And I've started running! Not done proper exercise for 15 years, but I'm having a quick run round the common everyday since last Saturday, totally knackering, I'm a heaving wreck afterwards, but f*** man, I feel so good for it! All that noradrenaline pumping up your spirit.

Despite some really crap things going on in my life right now, tonight, I feel f***ing fantastic!

[quote name='Fionn' timestamp='1372807068' post='2130329']
Nice one man!

Yeahhhh, let it out. Singing is good for the soul :)
[/quote]

Innit!! I sing at home with the headphone on, cooking washing up, hoovering .. I look forward to the f***ing housework these days :D

[quote name='xilddx' timestamp='1372807160' post='2130331']
...I look forward to the f***ing housework these days :D[/quote]

You're welcome to pop in whenever you want for a bit of singing practise. I can supply dusters... :mellow:

Speaking of cherries, I was on the tube yesterday, and I was behind a geezer who had an unfeasible number of cherry-sized, and smaller, lumps hanging off his neck, attached by skin, the sort of skin that a healthy man (not a woman! Women have a subcutaneous fat layer preventing such a visual example) can pinch on his biceps. When I got home there was an Abel & Cole delivery, a fruit box (I make fresh smoothies every morning, with cashews and unsweetened oat milk), it contained some lush m*thaf*ckin cherries. And as you know, I f***ing LOVE cherries. I took them out the box, what a treasure to be greeted with after a sh*t day at the orifice. I selected a beautiful one, appreciated it's shine and firmness, the French-curved stalk perfectly designed for the human hand (male or female or whatever) to delicately grasp. I lowered it into my gape, and took an expectant bite, the firmness yielding to soft, delicious, flesh surrounding the hard stone nature put in the centre, the price we must pay for more cherries. The gushing nectar burst into my mouth as I bit - it was then I remembered the geezer on the tube. The remaining cherries are still in the refrigerator.

Edited by xilddx

[quote name='xilddx' timestamp='1372891616' post='2131430']
Speaking of cherries, I was on the tube yesterday, and I was behind a geezer who had an unfeasible number of cherry-sized, and smaller, lumps hanging off his neck, attached by skin, the sort of skin that a healthy man (not a woman! Women have a subcutaneous fat layer preventing such a visual example) can pinch on his biceps. When I got home there was an Abel & Cole delivery, a fruit box (I make fresh smoothies every morning, with cashews and unsweetened oat milk), it contained some lush m*thaf*ckin cherries. And as you know, I f***ing LOVE cherries. I took them out the box, what a treasure to be greeted with after a sh*t day at the orifice. I selected a beautiful one, appreciated it's shine and firmness, the French-curved stalk perfectly designed for the human hand (male or female or whatever) to delicately grasp. I lowered it into my gape, and took an expectant bite, the firmness yielding to soft, delicious, flesh surrounding the hard stone nature put in the centre, the price we must pay for more cherries. The gushing nectar burst into my mouth as I bit - it was then I remembered the geezer on the tube. The remaining cherries are still in the refrigerator.
[/quote]

Just as well you're not into watermelon..? :mellow: