Why become a member? ×

The Thirteen Dumbest Band Names in Rock History

xilddx

[quote name='Clarky' timestamp='1372748043' post='2129325']
K*nt and the Gang

I can just imagine the guys having to explain that one to their Grannies when they say "so what's your band called?"
[/quote]

unless granny suggested the name after they couldnt come up with something themselves

If only Bum f***ers From Hell had made it big, we could have made that list!

66Crush was probably the worst name of any band I was in.

John Doe was incredibly boring. When it was suggested I thought we were going to use it as a placeholder, but it bloomin' stuck and I hated it. Fantastic band, though, gawd I miss 'em.

Edited by KingBollock

My first band would also have qualified had we made it (some chance). Pretensious bunch of 17/18 year olds (post-Joy Division floppy fringes wearing 32-pleat Bowie trousers, electric blue chelsea boots and cavalry shirts - this was 1980) decide to follow William Burroughs 'cut up' methodology and randomly pick words from a book. The (perpetually cringe-inducing) result:

sensation = grey/blue

[quote name='jmchich' timestamp='1372722563' post='2129261']
I dunno why Anal **** is a dumb name. For what the band's stated aims were- insulting people and pissing people off- it was pretty much perfect.
[/quote]

They also had some pretty humorous song titles too.

[quote name='Clarky' timestamp='1372749377' post='2129342']
My first band would also have qualified had we made it (some chance). Pretensious bunch of 17/18 year olds (post-Joy Division floppy fringes wearing 32-pleat Bowie trousers, electric blue chelsea boots and cavalry shirts - this was 1980) decide to follow William Burroughs 'cut up' methodology and randomly pick words from a book. The (perpetually cringe-inducing) result:

sensation = grey/blue
[/quote]
The first band I put together was called Sagitta. I got it from a huge star map poster on my wall. It's a constellation with 4 stars in it and there were 4 of us... But it's a bit wet sounding for a band that desperately wanted to be Motörhead.

One band name I chose using the dictionary method (made easier because I wanted the band's name to start with an M, for some reason) I got Mandragora, which I still like. I believe there's a band called Mandragora Scream.