Why become a member? ×

Reverb pedal recommendation?

Mr Fretbuzz

I've not heard great things about the Dr Green pedals, however I've never tried one.
I use a Mr Black Eterna, which is not what I'd call Rock and Roll, but sounds awsome. Mr Black do some other great Reverbs such as the Tunnelworm and Supermoon, go have a listen :)

[url="http://www.mrblackpedals.com/"]http://www.mrblackpedals.com/[/url]

Cheers
Si

I use the EQD transport disaster original version, its delay/reverb pedal with modulation. It adds a lot to the sound which at times is frustrating for bass. EQD do reverb and delay well, Dispatch Master does both and is a developed circuit of the Ghost Echo which does reverb, the Transport Disaster pedal is great reverb delay with modulation and the Transport Disaster SNR is a monster for delay/reverb. I am a bit of a EQD fan boy.

I have looked into Mr.Black pedals before and Sibob knows his stuff. I think the eterna has modulation as well where you can get a shimmer effect.

Im sure there's a cheap reverb pedal about but the ones I have tried make the low end signal muddy, which might be what your after anyway. :)

Yeah, EQD make stonking pedals, as mentioned, the Dispatch Master gives you Delay & Reverb whilst Ghost Echo is pure Reverb, both very cool pedals.
If you want cheap, I'd go for the Marshall Reflector, very good reverb with lotsa options, discontinued now I think.

Si

The best one i have found,
is the Boss RV3 ( if you can find one) they do pop up on ebay now and again
it is just fantastic with bass as it has DDelay as well.
i like it better than the tc. try it you will love it, if you play fretless or do solo bass this is a must have.
if you see one cheap snap it up, as the prices are on there way up...
some info..
[font=Arial Black][size=5]RV-3 Digital Reverb/Delay[/size][/font]
The RV-3 was launched in the mid 90s after 4 years without a Reverb pedal in the Boss lineup. The RV-3 is a combination reverb and delay pedal with four different reverb modes plus three delay modes with delay times up to 2000ms. There are an additional four modes that combines delay and room, hall or plate reverb types.
The bottom label was changed from pink to dark gray, January 1999.
[font=arial][size=2][b]Modes[/b] [/size][/font][list]
[*]Mode 1: Delay 32ms-125ms
[*]Mode 2: Delay 125ms-500ms
[*]Mode 3: Delay 500ms-2s
[*]Mode 4: Delay + Reverb: Room 1
[*]Mode 5: Delay + Reverb: Room 2
[*]Mode 6: Delay + Reverb: Hall
[*]Mode 7: Delay + Reverb: Plate
[*]Mode 8: Reverb: Room 1 (small)
[*]Mode 9: Reverb: Room 2 (large)
[*]Mode 10: Reverb: Hall
[*]Mode 11: Reverb: Plate
[/list]
[font=arial][size=2][b]Features[/b] [/size][/font][list]
[*]New DSP (Digital Signal Processor) developed for the RV-3
[*]Reverb effect gradually fading away when effect is turned off
[*]Stereo outputs for 3D reverb sounds
[/list]
[b]Specifications[/b][list]
[*][b]Controls: [/b]Balance, Tone, Reverb Time, 11-way mode switch
[*][b]Connectors: [/b]Input, Outputs (A/MONO, B), AC Adaptor
[*][b]Current Draw: [/b]70 mA (DC 9V)
[*][b]Weight: [/b]420 g (15 oz.)
[*][b]A/D Conversion: [/b]16 bit linear, 128bit oversampling
[*][b]D/A Conversion: [/b]16 bit
[*][b]Sampling Frequency: [/b]32kHz
[*][b]Recommended AC Adaptor: [/b]PSA Series
[/list]
[b]Labels[/b][list]
[*][b]Pink[/b] - Made In [b]Taiwan[/b]
[*][b]Dark Gray[/b] - Made In [b]Taiwan[/b]
[/list]
The RV-3 was sold from March 1994 to August 2002.
[attachment=137985:RV3.jpg]

• 4 weeks later...

+1 for the "Earthquaker Devices - Dispatch Master" It's a brilliant sounding pedal and does it all! It even sounds good enough to run it subtly all the time for a massive chubby sound. (Depending on what you're doing I guess.)
I wouldn't recommend the "TCH Hall of Fame" personally. It's sounds ok, But even though they say it's 'True Bypass', your signal chain will be completely dead if the battery runs out. I dunno if it's something to do with relays or whatever, but battery death is a pretty serious thing to not be able to bypass. -1 for the "H.O.F."

I had to take the first one back too... It would just stop producing a reverb sound intermittently. I lost my confidence in the TC after these problems, even though the replacement one seems to work ok.

Any reverb that can filter out the lows to prevent it getting too muddy. E.g. the Nimbus or Strymon Bluesky. The Neunaber looks ace, especially with it's downloadable content to totally reprogram the pedal - the shimmer mode sounds great, maybe they can do a high pass filter mod too in form of an update?

[quote name='fretmeister' timestamp='1372614048' post='2127723']
Boss /Fender 63 Reverb pedal.

Just like a proper 63 Reverb Tank

[url="http://www.themusiczoo.com/product/5572/Boss-FRV-1-Fender-63-Reverb-Pedal/"]http://www.themusicz...3-Reverb-Pedal/[/url]
[/quote]

Decided to give this a try thanks. Its on its way from Guitar Guitar :)