Why become a member? ×

Shuker 7 string build

Finbar

[quote name='Finbar' post='205691' date='May 24 2008, 08:35 PM']Well Jon says the bass is finished! :)

He said I could pick it up tomorrow, but I'm not around tomorrow, so it'll have to be sometime in this coming week.

To say I'm excited is an understatement :huh:[/quote]

Nice one Finbar,
you must be well excited!
Can't wait to see the finished article mate, you must be peeing your pants!

Cheers,
Eude

[quote name='Finbar' post='205691' date='May 24 2008, 08:35 PM']Well Jon says the bass is finished! :)

He said I could pick it up tomorrow, but I'm not around tomorrow, so it'll have to be sometime in this coming week.

To say I'm excited is an understatement :P[/quote]

What could possibly be more important than picking up your new custom bass? ;-)

Yep, I really get the impression when Jon gets something a little different, he really puts himself into it. I think it is going to be a corker!

Just need to sell my Marshall head off to complete the next step of rig evolution...

Man, Tuesday can't come soon enough (Jon's taking the day off for the bank holiday, understandably :))

Damn right. The hour draws near! Going to phone Jon in the morning to clear that it is alright to drop down, but hopefully you should all get some pictures tomorrow!

I'm going to be leaving Jon's place with a lighter wallet, but it'll be worth the six months of extra wait on what he quoted me! Hah.

Edited by Finbar

[quote name='Finbar' post='206987' date='May 27 2008, 12:41 AM']Damn right. The hour draws near! Going to phone Jon in the morning to clear that it is alright to drop down, but hopefully you should all get some pictures tomorrow!

I'm going to be leaving Jon's place with a lighter wallet, but it'll be worth the six months of extra wait on what he quoted me! Hah.[/quote]

Very excited for you bud, can't wait to see what you did about the scratch plate too, gonna be a surprise :)

Eude

The colour is closest to the ones in the natural light shots there, just so you know :huh:

Went with no pickguard. When it came to collecting it, it just looked right. There is no way it looked like anything was missing. Damned if it looks at all like a Stingray now, but it still looks awesome :)

The EQ switch makes a big pop sound when you switch between presets, but Jon has the parts to rectify this on order :huh:

Not had a chance to play the beastie plugged in yet, but I will soon ^_^

Wow!
That's absolutely gorgeous!
You must be over the moon mate!

You, and everyone else it would seem, where right about the pickguard too, looks brilliant without it, probably would've spoiled it, albeit a little :)

Now get away from your computer and get that bad boy plugged in! :huh:

Cheers,
Eude

Edited by eude

Ee ^_^ Thanks guys - I'm pretty happy with it so far! Not had a chance to plug it in. Girlfriend got in the way of playing, and before I knew it it was too late to be plugging an amp in. Thanks, neighbours.

There are still a couple of things to iron out on it, but Jon's got that in hand. It'll happen in the next week or so :)

I have a practice with it on Thursday, and a gig with it on the 12th June. Hopefully get some nice action shots from that!

Already thinking on the next one, worryingly o_O