Why become a member? ×

Shuker 7 string build

Finbar

Thanks again guys :) The thing gets prettier the more I look at it :huh: The rest of the band approve to, especially of the LEDs, hah! Always a good thing.

Anyway, got to give it some thrashing today. Seems much mroe untamed than the Conklin was. I don't know how I can describe it, but I feel like I actually NEED a compressor for the first time in my bass playing life. There's plenty of growl in the tone, but it is coming across a bit muffled as it is - I need to do some tweaking on the pots inside. Too much bottom end (the bottom end and sustain is incredible on this, it is a monster)!

• 2 weeks later...

Just to 'finish off' the story, here are a few pictures of the bass' debut appearance! LEDs don't show up with the flash, but you get the idea. You also get to see the fizzog behind this bass!

Our drummer lol ^_^

Edited by Finbar

Only gigged it in that one venue, where all 4 bass players had a slightly suspect tone that night IMO, me included. Sounded a bit odd. Possibly something to do with the room, as it isn't the tone I've been getting in practices. When I finish the new rig, I'll really muck about with it a lot until I get it perfect though ^_^ What I can say is that it has a totally different 'voice' to the Conklin I had. It is a lot less gentile! As I mentioned before, I'm thinking very seriously about getting a nice compressor pedal to try and tame it all down a bit!

The LEDs were a godsend in that place though. Was very dark!

[quote name='dood' post='218279' date='Jun 13 2008, 01:20 PM']Excellent action picturs mate!!!

So tell us how you are gettig on with the mighty beast!!?? Sounding good live?[/quote]