Why become a member? ×

Commercial Advertising on Basschat

Chiliwailer

There's been quite a bit of chat on this site lately about selling fee's, possible BC membership costs, recession etc.

The guys at BC have to generate money, fair enough, we all respect that ( I hope).

There are often bigger adverts and pop ups on other websites selling things I don't want, or showing something which I once googled, but bass / music adverts wouldn't do me any harm at all, especially if I knew they were contributing to a good cause.

At the moment, there's only two small commercial adverts running at one time when I'm on this site.

[u][b]Question: How would you feel about more, or bigger adverts and pop ups being used here on Basschat to generate more cash for the cause?[/b][/u]

Edited by Chiliwailer

Don't think i've ever clicked an ad on any forum, so for me they don't work.
Personally i'd prefer a membership fee with only members being alowed access into certain areas of the site (general chat / marketplace).
Sub forum sponsorship seems to work on other sites i use

[quote name='danthevan' timestamp='1371668312' post='2116854']
Don't think i've ever clicked an ad on any forum, so for me they don't work.
Personally i'd prefer a membership fee with only members being alowed access into certain areas of the site (general chat / marketplace).
Sub forum sponsorship seems to work on other sites i use
[/quote] +1

[quote name='BurritoBass' timestamp='1371669622' post='2116870']
I use ad blocker on Google chrome so y'all go right ahead and do whatever you like ;)[size=4][/quote][/size]
[size=4]This. I haven't seen any ads on BC (or anywhere else) for months. [/size] :)
[size=4]As good a reason as any for changing to Chrome, imho. [/size]Unless you're a tinfoil-hat wearer, in which case ...don't.

Edited by discreet

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1371671206' post='2116883']
[/size]
[size=4]This. I haven't seen any ads on BC (or anywhere else) for months. [/size] :)
[size=4]As good a reason as any for changing to Chrome, imho. [/size]Unless you're a tinfoil-hat wearer, in which case ...don't.
[/quote]
Isn`t the one at the top of this forum for Rotosound an advert? Ahh I get it, you are using an Ad blocker ;)

Edited by timmo

Much the same as other posts on here, I don't think I have ever opened up an ad on a forum, I may be interested in a few bass related ad's on here but if they started getting intrusive apparantly you can get an ad blocker.....now why didn't I know about this sooner and does it work on the tele :)