Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Guys, need some help! *now sorted!*

Truckstop

Hello all,

Plugged in to do a little practice this afternoon before work and my bloody amp's blown up. A little puff of acrid smoke and a loud buzzing noise leads me to believe it won't work for my gigs this weekend.

I'm begging someone to sell me a head or rent me a something that I can use this weekend. I'm gigging locally on Friday, Saturday and sunday.

Anything at all! A head or a combo; anything loud enough for decent sized pubs. I live in St. Albans and am happy to travel a little while to collect something. I'm totally strapped, so can't offer much. I think I've got like £40 to give someone to hire their amp for a few days. Obviously I'll take the utmost care of it, if anything should happen obviously I'll replace it or whatever.

Contact me via email at: hogswally(at)hotmail(dot)com

Or text me at:
07800 797 seven nine five

I will eventually need to buy another amp at some point so if you're looking to sell something to me, then great but I won't be able to pay for it immediately. I'd need a week or two to put some money together. I also have a brand new ESP Ltd B-105 as trade bait.

Please help!

Alex

Edited by Truckstop

Hi Alex

I have a Carvin R1000 Head (very powerful & versatile) that I don't use at the mo (it's rack mountable) that you'd be welcome to borrow for as long as required until you get yourself sorted. Only problem is I'm in North Devon so logistically may be difficult - offer is there though mate

Cheers
Dave

Guys, thank you all so much for the wonderful offers! I'm actually quite emotional that you would honestly let me borrow all that gear. Stoked!

All sorted now though; an old friend of mine's lending me his SWR Workingman 10 with 1x10 cab. Can't wait to get my paws on it!

Thank you all so much again! I love basschat!

Alex

[quote name='uncle psychosis' timestamp='1368101358' post='2073165']
Does your band have a PA? If so, get yourself a DI box or something like a Behringer BDI21 and go straight into the PA. Works great.
[/quote]

No, we only use the PA for vocals. Ony got a couple of 10" tops! I have a BDI-21 for this exact reason but it's only worth it if you've got a decent PA!

Thanks

Alex

[quote name='Sharkfinger' timestamp='1368102859' post='2073203']
I've just called you and left a message. I have 2 amps you could borrow and am practically on your door step. Call back or PM today and we can meet up tomorrow or Saturday.
[/quote]
Glad you're sorted out, give me a shout if you come unstuck.

Was going to offer you my backup amp, Trace Elliot 200W Combo, in Oxford, But looks like your all sorted.

I think its great that people are willing and honest enough to lend out equipment to people they have never met before, all on the trust of BassChat!

Always help a fellow Bass Brother in need!!!