Why become a member? ×

Just got a new Mono M80..

soul deluxe

It's my birthday tomorrow, so my wonderful girlfriend bought me a new gig bag.. i got my present early. Alot of you guys already know about this bag... got to say i'm very impressed.. i've used hard cases in the past and also had a tribal planet gig bag.. the tribal planet was quite expensive but has got nothing on this bag

a hard case was great but not very comfortable. these bags are really good. lots of protection....

i recommend them to anyone who can afford to pay the price. they are superb bags..

Edited by soul deluxe

Amazing things, I love mine so much and such a breathe of fresh air after years of using Hiscox cases. Happy Birthday and enjoy your gig bag, I quickly moved on to the Mono straps and also looking at their messenger bags for work.

[quote name='NJE' timestamp='1366308002' post='2050917']
Amazing things, I love mine so much and such a breathe of fresh air after years of using Hiscox cases. Happy Birthday and enjoy your gig bag, I quickly moved on to the Mono straps and also looking at their[b] messenger bags [/b]for work.
[/quote]

I've got one of the Mono 'Producer' messenger-type bags. Excellent. I've also got a Gig-Skinz and I'd say Mono is definitely better.

I use the Protec Contego as it is far superior in the 'comfortable to wear on your back' department. But I know the Mono cases offer amazing protection and I used their straps until I got a new bass that needed a custom length. Congratulations!

I own a Mono M80, which I bought to replace a Ritter gig bag that had almost completely disintegrated. As far a protecting the instrument inside, it's probably as good as you are going to get without getting a Hiscox case. And it's proved to be way more durable that the Ritter. However, as a gig bag to wear on your back I'm still not convinced. The Ritter was far more comfortable. I don't think I'd buy another one if I had to replace it, and I certainly wouldn't get an alternative semi-rigid gig bag without trying it on first, as the others were all considerably heavier than the Mono.

• 3 weeks later...

i would never put an instrument in a soft case while flying to another country.. hard case all the way
and the best strap in the world(imo) is the Sadowsky.. ive tried every strap in the world and i think Sadowsky is the best and most comfortable

Edited by soul deluxe

[quote name='Lozz196' timestamp='1367708871' post='2068713']
I`m really interested in the Mono Vertigo - looks like a winner, and fairly sure I`m going to end up with one, which of course means I am.
[/quote]

Was put off the vertigo by being unable to 'hide' the straps out the way - at least on the M80 you can unclip one end and tuck 'em into a pocket

The store I help out at, BassGear, sells Mono cases and both the Vertigo and M80 are excellent. I bought an M80 because I wanted the extra storage for cables, pedals etc.

However the Vertigo is a bit slimmer and less bulky, whilst working just as well as a god protective case :)