Why become a member? ×

where did the shoddy ebmm thread go, did I miss something?

stingrayPete1977

[quote name='Machines' timestamp='1363900823' post='2019282']
Curious. One would assume EBMM may have requested it's removal. I'm no longer in a position to confirm this.
[/quote]

It would be really really crappy if this site resorted to censorship on that level. Fascism, anyone?

EDIT: It seems that the thread has indeed been taken down. This is the link I had to it from my browsing history: [url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/203060-sloppy-work-from-music-man/"]http://basschat.co.u...from-music-man/[/url]

Edited by heminder

[quote name='heminder' timestamp='1363903041' post='2019373']
So much for free speech.
I was taking an interest in Music Man basses after watching the factory tour. Not any more!
[/quote]

Yep! The fret slots being marginally deeper than the tang doesn't bother me (it's a pretty standard way to do things), but idea of a company who do all in their power to prevent free discussion of their wares really puts me off. Way to go, EBMM...

Free speech is all well and good if the individual exercising that right is in the firing line of the litigation that some companies employ.

The problem is that, when it comes to this litigation, a 'forum' is a much easier target to go for than 'MegaSexBass' from 'UK'.

What are you all talking about?

My EBMMs are perfect instruments for my requirements.

It is stated EBMM didn't ask for the thread to be removed - Basschat did, on the basis of people overstepping the mark re defamation - why would anyone have a problem with that? It only contained a couple of standard hot air opinion posts IIRC, and a few saying how good EBMM are. Yawn.

It disappeared just as I was posting.......

Edited by drTStingray

[quote name='icastle' timestamp='1363903678' post='2019401']
The problem is that, when it comes to this litigation, a 'forum' is a much easier target to go for than 'MegaSexBass' from 'UK'.
[/quote]

[b][size=5]MEGASEXBASS IS INNOCENT!![/size][/b]

[quote name='icastle' timestamp='1363902980' post='2019368']
Right.
I haven't been following that particular thread closely, but it appears that it has been removed due to our liability under current defamation laws and the previous conversations that we've had with Ernie Ball.
[/quote]

I had been following the thread, at the time, and can confirm that there may have been grounds for protecting BC in some posts by members. I also feel that total deletion is not the best solution (although much easier than others, I'll allow...). Deletion of individual phrases or posts, replacing them with an explanation, would be more satisfactory, I would suggest. More time spent, but better than re-writing history (by deleting any and all in one swoop...).
I'm a mod on another forum, and can understand the time and effort that goes into the admin and mod roles. I also would suggest that there is a deontology which goes with the role.
Just my opinion, no malice intended.

aye three bolt cack, as a regular at the EBMM forum, as I know a few others here are for sure ;) , I must say that I have always found EBMM to be a straight as a die bunch, and its not every forum on the net where the CEO does come and chew the fat with you, I do and will always wave my EBMM flag proudly.