Why become a member? ×

What Did you do in the 80's Grandad?

witterth

Now, I know Its not for everyone,( cos lots of people here hate a slapper)
but I remember when this came out and the bass playing...god..First hearing, :D a bit of wee came out I loved it so much :D
now be patient and listen to it all.....young man........

but if you cant be bothered, just start at around 11:40 min to get the vibe that made the 19 year old bass player in me start to work a bit harder.

is it Louis Johnson?
[url="http://youtu.be/ftaSCYk5Kg4"]http://youtu.be/ftaSCYk5Kg4[/url]

[quote name='witterth' timestamp='1363215979' post='2010107']
[size=5]Now, I know Its not for everyone,( cos lots of people here [s]hate[/s] [b]love[/b] a slapper)

Fixed!![/size]

[media]http://youtu.be/ftaSCYk5Kg4[/media]
[/quote]

Edited by TheGreek

[quote name='witterth' timestamp='1363215979' post='2010107']
Now, I know Its not for everyone,( cos lots of people here hate a slapper)
but I remember when this came out and the bass playing...god..First hearing, :D a bit of wee came out I loved it so much :D
now be patient and listen to it all.....young man........

but if you cant be bothered, just start at around 11:40 min to get the vibe that made the 19 year old bass player in me start to work a bit harder.

is it Louis Johnson?
[media]http://youtu.be/ftaSCYk5Kg4[/media]
[/quote]

Wow , I had almost forgotten all about this record ! I could be completely mistaken , but I have some vague r ecollection that this track was actually some kind of a Europop creation , from Holland or Belgium or somewhere like that , so if that is the case then the chances of it being Louis Johnson on bass are pretty slim . That's a real blast from the past . The 1980s were great , especially compared to now .

Edited by Dingus

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='witterth' timestamp='1364317122' post='2024789']
Is it an Alembic Bass? sounds a bit hi fi for 1983. still no word on who played it though, someone must know!! :o
[/quote]

I don't know who played on it , but the track was almost certainly made in Belgium , or possibly Holland , so it was probably nobody famous ( tell me a famous Belgian bass player from the 1980's - .. exactly ! ) .

[quote name='Dingus' timestamp='1364319638' post='2024854']
I don't know who played on it , but the track was almost certainly made in Belgium , or possibly Holland , so it was probably nobody famous ( tell me a famous Belgian bass player from the 1980's - .. exactly ! ) .
[/quote]
well I suppose its a start D!!, Priorot, Eddie Merexx,Audrey Hepbern,Plastic Bertrand and chips, for Belgiums most famous sons/ citizens.
well I dont suppose we could make it as viral as that thead about the "mistery Bass player" could we?? because I'm actually more intrested in this one!! :D :yarr:
( sorry for the lazy googeling by the the way sorry)

I'd REALLY love to know the answer to this one!
Come on guys who knows?
and what Bass hes playing....some one knows

Edited by witterth

• 4 months later...

Assuming I've got correct info from my mate in Holland, this might be the band from a guy called Eddie Conard. Apparently he's a percussionist and programmer by trade. The three bassplayers he's worked with over the years are.

Jan Hollestelle
Evert Verhees
Fons Symons

Hope this helps the investigation. :ph34r: