Why become a member? ×

Using Basschat on phone is awesome, well done

tonybassplayer

Just thought I would say that having to travel and stay away from wifi etc occasionally over the last few weeks I have been using my iPhone on basschat and its just so brilliant how it shows me instantly what threads have been posted on or not since my last visit. Really makes it all so easy so a big thumbs up from me.

Aye, the mobile skin is great - I use my phone for the majority of my Basschat browsing (in fact, today is my first time viewing on a 'real' computer in months as I've just fixed my long-broken laptop) and it's well laid out and easy to use.

If I could make one change to it, I'd have a 'Back To Top' button at the end of each page so you could quickly jump up to the navigation buttons, and maybe make people's location visible when viewing profiles (helps for Marketplace listings that are collection only etc) but aside from those minor niggles it's top stuff.

Good work, BC!

Hi guys

Cheers for the comments. A custom mobile theme is on our wish list. It'll be a big job so were glad the current one is ok for now. There are definitely a few things missing though so we've started talking about designing our own.

I think we still have a few things to fix here first though :)

I was test-driving an iPad yesterday and decided to see what Basschat looked like on it.

There didn't seem to be any way to get to the last page of a thread without going through all the other pages first.

Besides IMO the iPad's screen is plenty big enough to support the normal version of the site, so is there any way to stop it from accessing the mobile version and use the real version instead?

[quote name='geoffbassist' timestamp='1363212587' post='2010016']
+1 for a back to top button. . . It would also help to show a users home town in their profile in the mobile theme.
[/quote]
If using an I Phone, simply tap the top of the page to bring you to the top of the page. No need for scrolling. Try it a few times, you will see what I mean.

[quote name='the boy' timestamp='1363241594' post='2010256']

If using an I Phone, simply tap the top of the page to bring you to the top of the page. No need for scrolling. Try it a few times, you will see what I mean.
[/quote]

Top tip
Thanks