Why become a member? ×

Basschat Chav Club

lojo

[quote name='JellyKnees' timestamp='1363191487' post='2009504']
Less an allergy, more a desire not to chunder copiously over my fellow travellers.[/quote]

I've heard of that - that's "Chronic High-Fat Consumption Aversion Syndrome" - looks like you're in!

K Cider, Tramadol, e-fags, live in south east London, wear threadbare trackie bottoms and trainers to the pub [i]and [/i]rehearsals, hang out with MILFs during the school run, eat kebabs late at night..?

[i]But also[/i] read [i]The Guardian[/i], watch 'Newsnight', 'Any Questions', BBC 4 and Sky Arts... son takes piano, guitar and karate lessons... a member of the National Trust, English Heritage and a Friend of the Royal Academy..?

...I'm a bit confused to be honest, Bruv. :huh:

Chav club, not me.

Reckon I’m more of a redneck. I drive a lifted 4x4 with big fat tyres, have a beard, wear tatty jeans or combats, boots are order of the day, got bits of car and other useful junk kicking around my yard. I like metal and rock music, drink beer and whiskey, and given the chance would be happy to shoot stuff and watch ladies mud wrestling.

:huh:

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1363192439' post='2009535']

[i]But also[/i] read [i]The Guardian , watch newsnight , [/i] karate lessons...
[/quote]

Lotto results , John Prescott and cage fighting then - not looking good to be honest , chief !

• 1 month later...

[quote name='tonyquipment' timestamp='1368189953' post='2074269']
I guess I qualify for this club. I play cheap bass into TE rig.
[/quote]

Does TE qualify as chav now ? That could make a lot of sense . I have often wondered why my neighbours seem to think I am a chav despite all apparent evidence to the contrary ( the irony is that I am actually of a more elevated social class than most of them , but you can't really say that out loud or people think you are a twat ) . I have used Trace stuff for nearly thirty years , and if it is in fact the Burberry / Kappa of bass amplification then I can see why they have tarred me with the chav brush .

I forget to mention its the old TE stuff lol you know the stuff which weighs like a house.

But in its defence it sounds good.

Clothes wise I don't think I am chav. I don't really wear sports gear.

Oh actually. I have a sub in my car. Now that's chavvy!! Yeah.

What? I like bass.

[quote name='Geek99' timestamp='1368304341' post='2075583']
I've ordered a replica precision bass in nitro from the bass doc so that makes me chav, i suppose.
[/quote]

Congratulations! I have a Bass Doc P-Bass and very nice it is, too. Does this make me a chav? If so, why? :huh:[size=4] :)[/size]

[quote name='Dr.Dave' timestamp='1363193985' post='2009572']
Lotto results , John Prescott and cage fighting then - not looking good to be honest , chief !
[/quote]

Yes, and on another thread I think you admitted to preferring a vodka tonic with lime and ice (the latter two items gives the game away). Exclusion time methinks :)

I'm knocking on the door of entry into this club , I fear.

Just last week I went to get a bass case from my lock up just outside my front door......... but , if only for a moment , I went outside in joggers. Sorry.

Last night not only did I talk to someone at the gig who had a tattoo on his neck and a skinny bird on the go with a 'Jordan' pink tracky on ( I said ' either buy a drink or don't stand in front of the f***ing bar' when , clearly , I could have just punched them) - but I also found a screwed up greggs pasty bag in my gig bag. I'm ashamed to admit I did eat it out of the bag while walking down the street - which should be life imprisonment in my book. In my defence I can only say that at least the bag was in my gig bag which means I didn't just chuck it in the street.

• 1 year later...

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1368305106' post='2075598']

Congratulations! I have a Bass Doc P-Bass and very nice it is, too. Does this make me a chav? If so, why? :huh:[size=4] :)[/size]
[/quote]
Read first few posts ...

When this thread was started I seem to remember there was a lot of looking down on covers , p basses etc going on the thread , that's the sort of thing that gets you in , sorry but the mainstream view of Burberry and joggers won't get you in, unless of course it's evolved

I drive fast to gigs in my blacked out windows VW Touran...oh and I play a P bass in a covers band, and to seal membership I wear a blues brothers pork pie hat (with real pie) , red tie and red trainers ...innit ;)