Why become a member? ×

baby names

sbrag

Ive got a baby due any day and one of the names on our shortlist is tobias. If this is the name we go for, does that mean that i have to buy a bass of the same name. If that is the case how can i convince my wife that Wal would be a good middle name?

[quote name='charic' timestamp='1362742386' post='2004050']... and you've doomed him to be a guitarist too :lol:[/quote]
He did once manage to get some poop on one of my basses (sorry if that's spoiled anybody's lunch!)... so I think you might be right!

Advice for sbrag: keep the baby change area well away from your bass storage area!

[quote name='Big_Stu' timestamp='1362742640' post='2004057']
........ and the amp should have plenty of "Headroom" too?

Before your time?
[/quote]

^ Nope, definitely within my time :D

Our eldest knew I had a leaning towards fretless, and when I got home from work on my 60th birthday, there in my armchair was a 6-string fretless, with my name on the headstock..! Pleased as punch; it's a good bass, too. B)
My Dad's name was Walter (Wal, for short...) though. Did I miss out on something..? :huh:

[quote name='Skol303' timestamp='1362742238' post='2004043']
Hehe, I like your thinking! Tobias is a cool name too.

Skol Jnr is called Max... so that's his volume setting sorted out already ;)

Wishing you all the best with the new arrival.
[/quote]
Does it go to 11?

Edited by sbrag

All that's been considered because my cousin grew up with the initials a r s! Surname is bragg so no suggestion of billy please! Thing is I've never played a tobias or an mtd it just seemed like a good excuse for a new bass(it'll be his to grow into)! Are the cheaper tobias' or mtd kingstons any good?