Why become a member? ×

Looks like we're getting the single pedal B3 after all!

Dood

[quote name='Paul S' timestamp='1367065266' post='2060826']
I have DI out from the amp so that won't be an issue for me. I don't really like effects and don't use them much - I think this is why this appeals so much. But, yes, will I actually like the effects it has? Difficult to say. I tried a lot of chorus pedals which i didn't like before I settled on the EBS Unichorus, which I do like. Hopefully this will be somewhere near it. Anyway, thanks!
[/quote]

I've had the Unichorus and the B3, and although I'm not a big fan of the Unichorus, the chorus in the B3 comes nowhere near it. I thought it was quite poor and limited.

[quote name='1976fenderhead' timestamp='1367074908' post='2061014']
I've had the Unichorus and the B3, and although I'm not a big fan of the Unichorus, the chorus in the B3 comes nowhere near it.
I thought it was quite poor and limited.
[/quote]

To be fair though, you didn't much like anything about the B3... did you? :)

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1367077114' post='2061051']
To be fair though, you didn't much like anything about the B3... did you? :)
[/quote]

From the second time I had a B3, I liked the synths especially the G5 model which is excellent, my favourite thing in the whole unit, I liked one of the envelope filter pedals, I thought the preamps were pretty good but I don't really need them. Delays and reverbs were good too but also not much use for them.
Then I thought distortions were atrocious and modulations were much weaker than in the Line 6 M5. But above all, it altered my tone when bypassed and that's why I sold it. A lot of people don't seem to have this problem so good for them but I certainly did. If not for that I might have kept it for the G5 model alone!

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1367062187' post='2060777']
No DI out from your amp, Lozz?
[/quote]
[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1367077817' post='2061061']
Ah... I though the BassDrive SansAmp sim was great, as was the SVT sim and Markbass amp sim, and one or two of the compressors. Seems like people either use it as a pre-amp or for FX... does anyone do both?
[/quote]

Yes, got DI on the amp Mark. I I use the B3 as both a pre-amp and for FX (just compression, plus a bit of drive when with my punk covers band) so "my" sound comes from the B3, and should I play with provided rigs, I just DI straight from it. Makes life rather easy to always have my sound available.

Well im out of the running. Ive gone for a B3 instead. I think its going to be a bit easier to use under pressure. I only need a few FX, Chorus and a filter, plus ill have the BDDI on all the time. Having a foot switch for each one seems a bit easier to use on the fly.

[size=4][quote name='Lozz196' timestamp='1367081114' post='2061114']Yes, got DI on the amp Mark. I I use the B3 as both a pre-amp and for FX (just compression, plus a bit of drive when with my punk covers band) so "my" sound comes from the B3, and should I play with provided rigs, I just DI straight from it. Makes life rather easy to always have my sound available.[/quote][quote name='dave_bass5' timestamp='1367415865' post='2065350']Well im out of the running. Ive gone for a B3 instead. I think its going to be a bit easier to use under pressure. I only need a few FX, Chorus and a filter, plus ill have the BDDI on all the time. Having a foot switch for each one seems a bit easier to use on the fly.[/quote]

Having had a B3, sold it, missed it and realised I needed another, I have one arriving from a BC-er tomorrow! :)
I'll be using Compressor > BassDrive > Amp sim or similar. It gets velcroed to the top of my rack and stays there![/size]

Edited by discreet

Yeah, ill probably keep mine on top of my amp for a few gigs, just so i can tweak it a bit as i get used to it. Mine arriving tomorrow from Amazon.
The thing that put me off this new pedal was just the one switch (yes, i know thats the point).
I'd like a bit more freedom without having to think too much about whats set up.

It also means i can sell my MXR M87, Boss CB-3 and Mini Qtron now.

Edited by dave_bass5

• 2 weeks later...

This morning I had half an hour to spend with the MS-60B, most of that time was spent re-watching dood's video rather then reading the manual :blush:

I had a B3 for a while so I was familiar with the sounds and more then happy with them for my purposes, it's a bit more fiddly to use then the B3 but that's to be expected with so much crammed into a small pedal, I'll probably still use my Diamond compressor but along with the MS it's all I need effects wise.

I tried it powered by the USB port and that works.

Anyone want to buy a Polytune and an OC2? :D

I have been mucking around with it and it is a really nice multi-effect. [url="http://soundcloud.com/kybu/zoom-60b-into-darkglass"]Here[/url] is a record of Zoom 60B(ParaEQ and BassPitch effects) into Darkglass Vintage. I will try to get that sound just by 60B.

Edited by kyboo

Here's a couple of short sound clips, one of a pre installed patch that I quite like, it's a squelchy synth sound called The Owl, it the only built in patch I really like, the second short clip uses my fave effect in the pedal the Bass Pitch with some heavy compression from the 160 Comp.

https://soundcloud.com/ditd/sets/testing-the-zoom-ms-60b-pedal

Apologies but for some reason Soundcloud keeps on playing, so once the few seconds of MS-60B clips finish it will start playing other things I have uploaded in the past - it's quite annoying.

If it had any or all of these 3 more features it would be so much more useful;

1. Headphone amp circuitry
2. Midi connectivity, maybe some software as well for maintaing your banks.
3. Soundcard functionality through usb.

That would make me sell my Korg Pandora PX5

• 1 month later...

[quote name='spellonyou' timestamp='1368992535' post='2083805']
If it had any or all of these 3 more features it would be so much more useful;

1. Headphone amp circuitry
2. Midi connectivity, maybe some software as well for maintaing your banks.
3. Soundcard functionality through usb.

That would make me sell my Korg Pandora PX5
[/quote]

Zoom B3 has all that functionality

Ive now come full circle and want to get rid of the B3 and get a 60B (anyone want to swap? ;-)

I love the B3 to bits, but i originally got it as it was cheaper than a BDDI. It turned out the B3 was just too distracting on stage, too much temptation to mess with it and i found my feet are a bit too wide to hit just one ON-Off switch without taking time, so i now have a BDDI and the B3 just sits by the PC for home practice.

Looking at the 60B again i think its going to work just as well, plus as its smaller i can take it out as a Chorus or filter pedal every now and then, without wanting to use the pre amps etc.

One question though (and no, ive not read the manual or watched the videos yet, my bad).
Say i have chorus, filter and maybe distortion set up on separate patches, ready to by cycled through if and when i need them. How to i get to bypass these, so im not using any effects? Im sure its a simple thing to do but im hoping its not a case of programming one patch with no effects.