Why become a member? ×

January - Composition Competition - VOTING TIME!!!

charic

I was going to enter this month, honest, but I kind of wrote myself into a corner, I couldn't think of anywhere to take it. I've put up what I had when I called it quits:

[url="https://soundcloud.com/bobbass4k/jan-comp"]https://soundcloud.com/bobbass4k/jan-comp[/url]

Hopefully the creative juice will be more forthcoming next month.

Well I'll be damned... I thought there was another day of voting on this!

Hugely chuffed to have compared so well against such sterling entries. Only six this month, but I thought each one was excellent. Really. Either for the production quality, the ideas/creativity or both.

A disappointing amount of votes: 21 is a paltry number given the size of this community, so I say we make an extra effort to drum up support for the next one. I'd love to see 100 or more people voting each month - not a vanity thing, just seems like a fair target for a forum of this size! But heh, I don't want to sound ungrateful. And a huge thanks to those 20 of you who voted alongside myself. Very much appreciated.

So, on to the next one! I'll do some pondering over the photo and PM Rick with something (un)suitable today.

PS: having given up smoking some years ago, I now find myself completely addicted to these monthly challenges! I guess we all have our vices, eh? ;)

[quote name='charic' timestamp='1359621068' post='1957545']... and the winner is... [b]Skol303[/b]![/quote]
I think you won too mate! 20:2 in favour of you getting off your "lazy butt"... your words not mine :lol:

[quote name='Bobby K' timestamp='1359623879' post='1957598']WELL DONE PAUL ;)[/quote]
Thanks Bob!

[quote name='OldG' timestamp='1359624551' post='1957613']+1 I've played Make it right maybe 2 or 3 times a day for a while now - can't leave it alone![/quote]
Cheers OldG! That's a huge compliment. I'm genuinely flattered mate :blush:

[quote name='urb' timestamp='1359626598' post='1957669']Well done Paul - if you keep this up you'll have an album - or an EP at least - by the end of the year... nice one![/quote]
Thanks Mike! I'm actually considering doing something like that this year... picking my favourites from these challanges, maybe tweaking them a little in response to the feedback I've had, and packaging up a little EP on Bandcamp, or similar (maybe as a charity project). This is really the first time I've focussed on creating original material, rather than remixing other folks' music, so I've found it all very inspiring and rewarding (these challanges have been a great 'shot in the arm' confidence-wise!).

[quote name='silddx' timestamp='1359633329' post='1957845']
Eh? Midnight tonight isn't it? It's the 31st Jan today.
[/quote]

I'm sure I usually closed the day before to allow a new picture to be ready on the day of the start of the year? :blink:

Have I ballsed up? :lol:

I honestly don't mind if we leave the voting open today and have a re-count. It's better than losing all the votes, right?? :P

I will however have to take down the party streamers, cancel the brass band, have the celebratory tattoo removed, break the news to my son that his father is no longer a hero... that sort of thing. But no big deal. I can wipe away the tears and get over it. Some day ;)