Why become a member? ×

Fender Japan site

jezzaboy

[quote name='dood' timestamp='1358337484' post='1937141']
I opened the link and had to retrieve my jaw from the floor - that PB70-US/ASH is gorgeous. It'd go very nicely with my own PB70-US that I have in black.
[/quote]

Gotta agree Dood. This is the bass that prompted me to post the link.

Sorry, I'm not as well versed in the way Fender works worldwide as you chaps .so please excuse my question.

These are currently manufactured in Japan and will be available worldwide eventually ? Or unique to the Japanese market ? Can someone please explain.

[quote name='Martin E' timestamp='1358361522' post='1937866']
Sorry, I'm not as well versed in the way Fender works worldwide as you chaps .so please excuse my question.

These are currently manufactured in Japan and will be available worldwide eventually ? Or unique to the Japanese market ? Can someone please explain.
[/quote]

I must admit it has been a long time since I have enquired, but as I understand (or rather understood) it, Fender Japan make both 'export' models that are available to europe and the rest of the world and 'non-export' models that are for Japan only. The non-export models are superb and would be in competition with the Fender USA models and thus are 'not allowed' out to us. The export models usually feature cheaper components or are built model specifically that USA don't manufacture, such as the Marcus Miller model.

My own CIJ is a PB70US and that was a non-export model - whereas I think the PB70 is an export model. I'm not sure if that naming convention still stands as to the bass availability - but Fender USA were not too happy that rather a large amount of non-export basses found their way on to UK shores a few years ago, a distributor suggested at the time.

[quote name='dood' timestamp='1358337484' post='1937141']
I opened the link and had to retrieve my jaw from the floor - that PB70-US/ASH is gorgeous. It'd go very nicely with my own PB70-US that I have in black.
[/quote]

Lovely, isn't it. I've got one just like it, except that mine now sports a P-Retro and a Nordstrand NP4.

[quote name='pete.young' timestamp='1358364658' post='1937943']
Lovely, isn't it. I've got one just like it, except that mine now sports a P-Retro and a Nordstrand NP4.
[/quote]

now that's a bass i'd like to hear as well as see!