Why become a member? ×

The Bongo thread...

Conan

[quote name='charic' timestamp='1358262103' post='1935822']
Can we please drop this please otherwise I'm going to end up locking this one as well.
[/quote]

Can I ask why? I see no evidence of libellous or potentially libellous comments in this thread??

I'm not stirring here, but genuinely interested in why you think this thread might need to be locked. What is so contentious about this subject? :blink:

[quote name='Conan' timestamp='1358263093' post='1935861']
Can I ask why? I see no evidence of libellous or potentially libellous comments in this thread??

I'm not stirring here, but genuinely interested in why you think this thread might need to be locked. What is so contentious about this subject? :blink:
[/quote]

Because we're still discussing a subject that has been decided to be locked, still discussing a shop that is aware of the original thread and is dealing with a members purchase and also because we're still going around in the exact same circles as the original thread.

[quote name='charic' timestamp='1358263293' post='1935866'].............still discussing a shop that is aware of the original thread and is dealing with a members purchase[/quote]

I still don't know which shop it was under discussion, I don't care that much. BUT.........................

........ remember it was talked about making up window stickers for music shops that are "BassChat Approved"?

Will there be one for "Recognising Service Above & Beyond The Call Of Duty"?

[quote name='charic' timestamp='1358263293' post='1935866']
Because we're still discussing a subject that has been decided to be locked, still discussing a shop that is aware of the original thread and is dealing with a members purchase and also because we're still going around in the exact same circles as the original thread.
[/quote]

OK.

[quote name='Big_Stu' timestamp='1358263717' post='1935883']
........ remember it was talked about making up window stickers for music shops that are "BassChat Approved"?

Will there be one for "Recognising Service Above & Beyond The Call Of Duty"?
[/quote]

I never saw anything about this but it would be a bloody good thing to have (especially if they added it too their website too). That would be some good advertisement!

[quote name='charic' timestamp='1358264163' post='1935901']
I think "Basschat Recommended" rather than "Basschat approved" but I definitely like the concept.

Should we have a star rating like the hygiene people do? :lol:
[/quote]

So what would the shop in the original thread get? Some people have said they have had great service from them, myself included, others said its not on and they would avoid at all costs.

Bass players eh? :ph34r:

[quote name='Big_Stu' timestamp='1358264508' post='1935917']
Don't know about that, I top flight restaurant near me "only" got a 4 instead of the expected 5 so the owner shut it down instantly.
[/quote]

:lol: A burger van outside my work has a 5* whereas a local cafe in my old home town only have 1*. Made me laugh

[quote name='charic' timestamp='1358264621' post='1935922']
[b]Made me laugh[/b]
[/quote]

Ah! The sardonic grin ([i]risus sardonicus[/i]), a side-effect of a special case of muscular dystrophy in the jaws and chin, and sad consequence of high intake of [i]Oenanthe crocata[/i] in local pubs and cafés in old home towns.

Get well soon! :lol:

best,
bert

Edited by BassTractor

[quote name='Big_Stu' timestamp='1358264508' post='1935917']
Don't know about that, I top flight restaurant near me "only" got a 4 instead of the expected 5 so the owner shut it down instantly.
[/quote]

:D Naughty.... ;)

[quote name='karlfer' timestamp='1358270852' post='1936071']
If I don't get a certain product (that I paid for fully on Dec 7th) before long, there will be another one of these threads :angry:
[/quote]

Why? What will it achieve?

Mods - can we have a rant subforum?

[quote name='charic' timestamp='1358264163' post='1935901']
I think "Basschat Recommended" rather than "Basschat approved" but I definitely like the concept.

[/quote]
Bad idea, bad concept.

I've had regular excellent service from dealers slagged off on Basschat.

And I've had very poor service from dealers glorified as top customer service on Basschat.

Basschat approved (or not approved) would tell me nothing.

[quote name='EssentialTension' timestamp='1358276997' post='1936227']
Bad idea, bad concept.

I've had regular excellent service from dealers slagged off on Basschat.

And I've had very poor service from dealers glorified as top customer service on Basschat.

Basschat approved (or not approved) would tell me nothing.
[/quote]

Have to agree that Basschat approved ( or not approved ) would not be feasable , fair or neccesarilly accurate . I would suggest that before the nominations even got off the ground there would be disagreement , argument , claim and counter- claim about who was worthy of being included in what catagory ect . Look at the heated discussion there has been over Bongogate , and then imagine that discussion expanded to every retailer anyone on Basschat has had ( or claims to have had ) an issue with . It would be chaos .