Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

The Bongo thread...

Conan

[quote name='Conan' timestamp='1358239749' post='1935184']
OK, I'm a bit slow in the mornings, but I can't seem to find the long-running thread about the missing/damaged MM Bongo today? :huh: :(

Has it been deleted? <_<[/quote]

Usually when I can't find a thread I know I posted in recently I'll go to "My Posts" & find it that way, I don't have any posts from that thread in "My Post" so my guess is that it's not been deleted - it's been nuked!

Fair do's though, it had served it's purpose, or not, but it had gone as far as it was going to.

[quote name='Big_Stu' timestamp='1358239994' post='1935190']
Fair do's though, it had served it's purpose, or not, but it had gone as far as it was going to.
[/quote]

True, although I am kind of uncomfortable with the idea of it being removed altogether. Smacks of censorship... :( Locking it is one thing...

Edited by Conan

It smacks of resolution - I hope!

Gareth made a request for the thread to be removed from view. He's in communication with the shop to hopefully resolve the issues he's experienced, and he didn't want the thread to become a barrier to that resolution - that, and he felt it had run it's course.

As such, I've hidden it from view. Naturally, I've asked Gareth to keep us all updated with how he gets on - and if he wants to do it in the same old thread, I'll bring it back :)

[quote name='Conan' timestamp='1358250128' post='1935424']
So the content of a thread remains the intellectual property of the thread starter? They get to decide when a thread should be pulled?? :huh: :o :unsure: Not sure about that at all. <_<[/quote]

I can see the point. [s]When[/s] If it turns out that there's nothing wrong with the nut and some who made [i]liberal use of their oars[/i] in the "discussion" have more or less named the shop, which may well have an alternative and plausible version of events then BC could be on shakey ground as carrier of any alleged libel.
Worse than that - the shop may even be an agent for Rickenbacker. <_< :lol:

Unfortunately the thread got out of hand, some of the messages being sent had an aggressive undertone, were getting too personal or were not of any help at all to the OP's situation. For this reason when the OP requested that the thread be removed from view we quickly agreed it was the best course of action.

The thread was already well on the radar and we were already discussing how best to handle the situation, everything lined up nicely all at the same time and we decided that it was best for all involved that it was removed from view.

Also please note from the T&C's

[i]7. Submission of content on this web site[/i]
[color=#5A5A5A][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]By providing any content to this web site:[/size][/font][/color]
( a ) You agree to grant the Administrators a worldwide, royalty-free, perpetual, non-exclusive right and license (including any moral rights or other necessary rights) to use, display, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, distribute, perform, promote, archive, translate, and to create derivative works and compilations, in whole or in part. Such license will apply with respect to any form, media, technology already known or developed subsequently; (you warrant and represent that you have all legal, moral, and other rights that may be necessary to grant us the license specified in this section 7;

[b]( b ) You acknowledge and agree that the Administrators shall have the right (but not obligation), at the Administrator's entire discretion, to refuse to publish, or to remove, or to block access to any content you provide, at any time and for any reason, with or without notice.[/b]

[quote name='Dingus' timestamp='1358252904' post='1935538']
At least now we can have a thread about the thread .
[/quote]

Until that one is pulled too... then we can have a thread about the thread about the thread! :D

Some facts, some opinion, some argument, a small potential for being regarded as libellous... sounds like a lot of the threads on here! :rolleyes: :D

What I am uneasy with is the idea of the OP getting sick of a thread and asking mods to hide/remove it. Thin end of the wedge and all that. :(

[quote name='Conan' timestamp='1358253794' post='1935574']
Some facts, some opinion, some argument, a small potential for being regarded as libellous... sounds like a lot of the threads on here! :rolleyes: :D

What I am uneasy with is the idea of the OP getting sick of a thread and asking mods to hide/remove it. Thin end of the wedge and all that. :(
[/quote]

I reckon someone's already nailed it in the partner thread to this one. I'd never seen a compensated nut up close like that, so I reckon MM20 assumed the step on the G was broken & told it wasn't. The "blemish" polished out, so there was a whole lot of egg looking for a face to occupy.
Just a theory.

[quote name='Conan' timestamp='1358253794' post='1935574']

[/quote]

Can see both sides, difficult call.
If the post was 'dangerous' to someone/something, then I can see why it was pulled, but agree about other motives.

But if someone was close to naming a shop...for example, then how unthinking was that..?? putting it politely

I am guessing here as I did not see the thread...well, It was about a Bongo...:lol: :lol: Sorry G...!!!!