Why become a member? ×

Question for the ladies only please

Evil Undead

Well I haven't got much experience of playing different basses, but so far it's got to be the Fender P. I also have an Ibanez SRX500. I was quite thrilled with it when I got it, but I keep going back to the Fender now.
The Ibanez just sounds too twangy. That could be the strings of course. I really should try changing them, but I keep putting it off as I'm really kack handed with that sort of thing.
Also I cant seem to get the balance right on the Ibanez. I like the fact that the Fender only has two knobs...nice and simple! :-)
The Fender P just feels right.

[quote name='seashell' timestamp='1357679413' post='1926740']
Also I cant seem to get the balance right on the Ibanez. I like the fact that the Fender [b]only has two knobs[/b]...nice and simple! :-)
The Fender P just feels right.
[/quote]

I think she's more concerned with tits than knobs :D

Errm, back on topic.

Warwick, Warwick, Warwick. Corvette, to be precise. 4 and 5. I also play a Fortress 5, but it feels heavy after a while. No problem with my tiny tits while playing any of those basses :D
On the other hand, the acoustic is a pain - literally - and can't be played while sitting. I stand up when I'm playing it. Only problem is a bit of neck dive, cos it's cheap and it's hollow... :rolleyes:

Edited by bluejay

[quote name='bluejay' timestamp='1357686025' post='1926913']
On the other hand, the acoustic is a pain - literally - and can't be played while sitting. I stand up when I'm playing it. Only problem is a bit of neck dive, cos it's cheap and it's hollow... :rolleyes:[/quote]

Is that what made you decide to buy an upright? Very wise decision BTW. :)

[quote name='thisnameistaken' timestamp='1357686985' post='1926938']
Is that what made you decide to buy an upright? Very wise decision BTW. :)
[/quote]

Heh. The NXT 5 is ridiculously easy to play. I'm in for a shock, in terms of physicality, when I finally meet a left-handed double bass (the real thing in all its size and weight) and fall head over heels in love with it. :rolleyes:

[quote name='The Admiral' timestamp='1357686420' post='1926922']
I saw a lesbian punk band in Oxford years go, and after what I suspect had been a lifetimes commitment to going bra- less, the very sturdy girl on bass could have worn her thunderbird like Peter Way and still got tangled up! Scariest audience I've ever seen too!
[/quote]

:lol: brilliant

[quote name='chrismuzz' timestamp='1357713325' post='1927029']
Sorry :(

But what did you expect? :P
[/quote]

A degree of maturity?!

I have a sense of humour, but I started this thread to obtain information that would be useful and valuable to myself and perhaps others, not to read lesbian and penis jokes.

Have you seen this?

Lot's of pictures, so maybe basses can be identified, but if you play for a living maybe your choices might be driven, partly, by comfort?

http://www.guitarworld.com/beauty-and-bass-eight-great-female-bass-players

Anyway - worth a look and you might be able to contact some of the players and ask them their views? You might be surprised at how many are helpful?