Why become a member? ×

Seen the light and got a bass

postpunkbass

Well, where do I start? Hello, is the best place.

Been playing guitar (6 string electric) and have finally seen the light and just gone an ordered a Epiphone Thunderbird, which seemed like the bass for me considering sound, price range and looks.

To say I am excited to start playing the mighty beast and using this forum is an understatement.

My favourite bands that I love the bass in are Joy Division, The Gang Of Four, New Model Army, Josef K, Mogwai, and am hoping my style will be a mix of all this.

Cheers!

Hey punky,

Welcome to the dark end of the light ... or something.

You'll be alright, alright. Just forget the notion about one finger per fret.

I share your excitement. I've only [i]tried[/i] to play the bass, but am as enthusiastic as when I started one year ago

[quote name='Leen2112' timestamp='1356021605' post='1905889']
Good things come to those who wait...........
[/quote]

Bah! We're only waiting for 2112.
21/12/12 that is, at 11:11 AM, when your days will finally be over. :ph34r: ;)

But as Leen says, punk one, enjoy the banter. It's mostly in good spirit.

BTW, I hope your name is Wayne. We could do with a Wayne Post Punk Dude.

best,
bert

Haha! Joy Davidson! Good cover band name. Well, the bass arrived. It's an Xmas present so I looked in the box to see if all is OK It has the strap button near the bolt on plate area, the action seems lovely and the guitar looks stunning. To say I am looking forward to Xmas this year is an understatement. It is one sexy beast! Very happy I choose this guitar!

I saw Gang of four at Erics in Liverpool, approximately 28 years ago.(The Au Pairs were in support) Fantastical gig. They are a good band to be influenced by. In my umble opinion. Another great band from that era were Theatre of Hate. Most excellent bass playing from Stan Stammers. Hope you don't mind me putting some of their music here. [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wB7_WXeKsXU[/media]

Edited by daz

[quote name='daz' timestamp='1356608031' post='1911545']
I saw Gang of four at Erics in Liverpool, approximately 28 years ago.(The Au Pairs were in support) Fantastical gig. They are a good band to be influenced by. In my umble opinion. Another great band from that era were Theatre of Hate. Most excellent bass playing from Stan Stammers. Hope you don't mind me putting some of their music here. [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wB7_WXeKsXU[/media]
[/quote]

Daz, massive TOH fan here and yes, Stammers on that Rickenbacker was amazing. A little too young to have seen them live along with other faves like Bauhaus, Killing Joke, UK Decay, The Sound, Christian Death etc etc.

Learnt my first Cure and New Model Army Bass Lines