Why become a member? ×

No longer for sale.

karlfer

HOPEFULLY PHOTO UP IN POST #3?

Hello folks. Took this as a trade for my Cataldo FenderBird. Ryan wanted that bass and I did tell him I was likely to move this on straight away. It is only up whilst the Desert Gold Bongo is up, as it is actually a very good bass.
Quote from Ryan;

[color=#333333][font=Calibri][size=3]"genuine Fender Precision Deluxe body fitted with EMG Musicman and Precision active pickups.[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#333333][font=Calibri][size=3]The control layout for the pickups are: Master Volume, Mid Frequecy/Mid Gain (stackable), Balance, and Treble/Bass (stackable). It is fitted with a Badass III bridge. The neck is a Status Graphite Jazz neck with mother of pearl inlays and fitted with Hipshot tuners (E string has de-tuner fitted). It was professionally assembled by Joe White guitar makers based in Aldershot.[/size][/font][/color]"

I won't be taking the neck off, the body is from the series that had the double jazz pick up. The neck is all graphite with a nut width between J and P of 40 mm (same as Fender Japan 70's re-issue Precisions). There are a few slight scuffs on the back of the bass but none through to paint. This is a well put together, functional workhorse bass.
Scruffy but functional hard case included, UK only, sorry no PAINPal.
£600 collected from Wigan, £630 insured courier. Trade value £650. If the Bongo goes, I may be tempted with an excellent condition white US Precision with maple.
Anybody close enough more than welcome to come and try it. Any questions please fire away. Ryan's photos used as they will be far better than anything I would manage :D
Cheers,
Karl.

Edited by karlfer

http://s1354.beta.photobucket.com/user/Karl_Altdorfer/media/IMG_0545.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

http://s1354.beta.photobucket.com/user/Karl_Altdorfer/media/IMG_0544.jpg.html?sort=3&o=1

http://s1354.beta.photobucket.com/user/Karl_Altdorfer/media/IMG_0543.jpg.html?sort=3&o=2

Hopefully that is photos links up, not sure if I opened account correctly. Many thanks to Pete and Mark for their advice.

Edited by karlfer

Very cool. I have a Vintage with the same neck, it plays brilliantly.

BTW, if you include the 'IMG Code' rather than the Email/Html link, the pictures will magically appear in the thread.

Like this:

[IMG]http://i1354.photobucket.com/albums/q693/Karl_Altdorfer/IMG_0545.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i1354.photobucket.com/albums/q693/Karl_Altdorfer/IMG_0544.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i1354.photobucket.com/albums/q693/Karl_Altdorfer/IMG_0543.jpg[/IMG]

Edit. In trying to change my profile picture, to a picture of this bass, I have lost my profile picture and "change photo" keeps coming up no picture change, Well pissed off!

MB1.
...and now your just a shadow of your former self! ;)

Wow, never had so much interest in a bass. Massive thanks to Pete for putting them photos up. No idea what you were writing about but the pics look great :lol: .
Currently trying to reply to all pm's.
Issues. I have been asked if it is definitely a rosewood board. I can't say for sure until I get it back tomorrow. I just assumed dark = rosewood :blush: :blush:
I will update on that on return from the luthiers.
Hopefully my feedback will help with confidence.
Thanks for all the interest peeps.
Cheers,
Karl.

Edited by karlfer

[quote name='pete.young' timestamp='1354044302' post='1881407']
Think the fingerboard is highly unlikely to be rosewood - I thought all Status Graphite fingerboards were a man-made material called phenolic.
[/quote]

I think you are right Pete, and will confirm as soon as I get it back tomorrow. I will adjust the ad accordingly.
[quote name='tom1946' timestamp='1354047144' post='1881456']
Karl my man you do seem to come up with unusual kit, this looks outstanding!
[/quote]

Still a long way behind you Tom :lol:

I think I have caught up with all the PM's. If I've missed anybody, my apologies and please let me know.
Cheers,
Karl.

OK, it's a phenolic fretboard.
Plays very well, as the nut width is between J and P and the neck has quite a shallow profile, reminds me of a Lakland Bob Glaub neck in terms of depth.
Neck feels very comfortable to me but I guess there are a lot of Status owners better qualified to comment than I am.
Full range of tones from the 18 volt active system.
It is a quality bitsa, if it had original neck and pups it would be out at £800+.
It hasn't got those, so that is reflected in the price. It will never be a collectors piece because of that. Mind you, the replacement neck and pups ain't bad :P
Cheers,
Karl.

This used to be mine.

I think your under selling it there Karl, it's a perfect workhorse bass, which is suprisingly versatile.

The mid sweep on it can also be used as a really intereseting on board wah effect (rather like on the Status B2's).

i would never have got rid of it if it hadn't been to trade for Karl's Fenderbird.

Gorgeous!! This is almost my dream P bass. The parts alone make that price a steal - The pickups, Badass and Status neck must be worth around £500 just for a start. I love the colour too...

But I'm not looking for another bass. Not at all. Sorry. I only came into this forum to see what was available.... :gas: :rolleyes:

Edited by Conan

[quote name='karlfer' timestamp='1354002750' post='1880581']
Scruffy but functional hard case included, UK only, sorry no PAINPal.
[/quote]
This beauty should be available to the whole world (well, Europe at least) :D
On the other hand, one temptation less ....

Good luck with the sale.