Why become a member? ×

I have an audition for a gig I really want. Fingers crossed!!

gafbass02

I've not gigged on bass for over a year, as due to my current duties as singer/guitarist in my own band 'MyDesign' I've been kept too busy; and its been a nice 'holiday' or change or scenery after 20 years onstage as a bassist.
The other day I was noodling on bass at an open mic when I got asked to audition for, of all things, a funk band (covers).
I LOVE playing funk, and, a brief stint in an original funk band that gigged like twice aside, its something I've never done, despite me always wanting to it seems all that's ever come my way is rock gigs.
Infact the guy said he hadn't thought to ask me previously because I though I was a rock guy.
So I proper want this gig!
I already know most of the set and I've beasted myself on their YouTube covers and the stuff I don't know.
A year largely off bass has dulled my skills a tad. I'm normally pretty confident in my abilities going into auditions, but these guys had a pretty tasty player before who has gone pro or something, so I don't expect I'll 'impress' as much as I'm perhaps 'used to'.
(That Makes me sound like a right vain pillock!)
So I'm actually pretty much bricking it! It's on Tuesday so fingers crossed!!
Pointless thread. Just thought I'd share some of my nervous energy!
I know threads without pics are boring. So here a well used pic of my bass for some extra spice to this post.
[IMG]http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d115/gafbass02/b9821fa7.jpg[/IMG]

Cheers guys :) yes indeed the bass does live higher generally and the wristband comes and goes. :) Its mainly cause where the paint has come off my jazz (who says POLY dosn't naturally relic ;) rubs the hell out of your arm. Been meaning to do something about it for ages.
I might take 'Larry' to the audition:
[IMG]http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d115/gafbass02/b1217344.jpg[/IMG]

Edited by gafbass02

Just relax and enjoy it as much as possible, that way you'll give the best account of yourself. Best of luck.

EDIT: As the guy approached you for the audition you must be in with a really good shout.

Edited by ezbass