Why become a member? ×

My new Bravewood Bass (photos)

police squad

As some of you may know, I'm (Fat) Sting from the Police Squad tribute band.
I really fancied a 50s style P bass, like the old boy's.
Luckily for me, John at Bravewood fancied doing one too.
I'm going down to collect it from him in a couple of weeks and have a curry with him.
Dover to Redruth in Cornwall is a long way but I can't wait to get my hands on this one.

It's been reliced to resemble Stimg's #1 bass, (a '57)
It's also got the Seymour Ducan custom shop 'stack for single coil' pickup, wired in parallel.
Enjoy folks

Edited by police squad

Very nice. Interesting relicing too, and I'm trying to work out what it says about Sting's technique. Does he anchor his thumb on the body sometimes, and other times play with his thumb, anchoring his fingers under the strings?
Or maybe he just picks diagonally, occasionally striking the body above and below the strings? I guess you're the expert

plays a lot with his thumb and so rubs the finish away below the strings but also he uses thumb and fingers
Strangely, when I play with a pick, I anchor my right hand using my fingers and rub the paint off too.

When I play the Sting solo stuff live I use my thumb and fingers like Sting (just in case there are any anoraks watching)

[quote name='bh2' timestamp='1352830330' post='1868086']
I love John's basses and have been on at him to make me one... I'll have to wait for funds though his prices seem ver reasonable.

Great score... you will enjoy.
[/quote]

His prices are very reasonable. I fancy getting another one already and I've not even picked this one up yet