Why become a member? ×

Partner -Gas Blockage?

Hobbayne

Basically, thats it! Does your other half think you have enough bass guitars? Do they moan when yet another one turns up?
Are you secretly hiding them away so they cant complain?
If the answer is yes, you are suffering from GAS blockage. :D

Don,t know about gas blockage I took my 5 string out of it's case tonight and had a noodle and my wife didn't notice it was new bass which I bought 2 weeks ago.....I didn't mention it mind but had my defence ready......it was a bargain......to good to turn down.......needed for Eb......good upgrade project......etc etc.

I have four Basses. I have a 5 string for standard tuning and a 4 string for Eb. I also have a second 5 string in standard and a second 4 string in Eb. Those second Basses are "back-up" Basses... I also have a full, 500W rig with a 4x10 and a 1x15, and a 500W PA rig... I haven't played live in over 18 years, infact not since before I met my wife...

I mentioned to my wife that I'd kind of like to sell one of the back-up basses and she was actually disappointed.

[quote name='The Dark Lord' timestamp='1351491603' post='1851668']
Really? Do people do this? Can they look at themselves in the mirror?
[/quote]

I got flak for three years straight when a Markbass 4x10 turned up at my front door, I learned with that particular lady that if you want an easy life just keep quiet :lol:

[quote name='The Dark Lord' timestamp='1351491603' post='1851668']
Really? Do people do this? Can they look at themselves in the mirror?
[/quote]

+1. I keep trying to tell my OH about kit, but she just rolls her eyes/glazes over/tuts and sighs etc...

[quote name='andyjingram' timestamp='1351503973' post='1851755']
I let shoes and fancy hair products roll in from the postie unimpeded. It buys me a little leeway!
[/quote]

Yeah, its interesting how unending perfume, hair and body products are deemed essentials! Every man should have a hobby and hobbies are about spending money. You name it fishing, cars, golf. But, woman want you to treat 'them' like hobby, spending all your free time, attention and money on them

[quote name='mentalextra' timestamp='1351505610' post='1851777']
Yeah, its interesting how unending perfume, hair and body products are deemed essentials! Every man should have a hobby and hobbies are about spending money. You name it fishing, cars, golf. But, woman want you to treat 'them' like hobby, spending all your free time, attention and money on them
[/quote]

Hell yes. I try to explain to my Mrs that I don't smoke, only drink on weekends (as a rule) and only go out when I've got a gig. So I can afford to spend money on gear! I even try to throw in the old 'I have something to show for my money..'

Alas, it never works. She did buy a nice pair of shoe boots the other day (£105). But that's different......

My current other half's actually really good with this, she sort of raised her eyebrows when she thought I'd bought two guitars in a week (bid on one on eBay but didn't 'win' it, then bought a different one) but as far as she's concerned as long as I can afford it without putting myself in financial dire straits all's good :)

Might change if we end up living together :unsure:

[quote name='StephenFerguson' timestamp='1351482483' post='1851663']
There is no excuse for owning a headless bass ;)
[/quote]

I dunno - Steinberger is an ideal bass as a backup - saves carting about yet another big heavy case etc. Still considering this myself, for this very reason.

[quote name='StephenFerguson' timestamp='1351482483' post='1851663']
There is no excuse for owning a headless bass ;)
[/quote]
-1 - they are extremely practical!, Balance well, do't smash into peoples heads so easily, (and don't get knocked out of tune if they do), and they are easier to shove up the guitarist's arse if he gets too primadonna -ish (though you could argue that you don't want it to be easy for him).

[quote name='andyjingram' timestamp='1351508572' post='1851825']
There's no excuse for that either, you know!
[/quote] :lol: :D
Me and my mates started an 80s tribute band, very very very fun stuff. Cheesey as she goes.
I just wish I hadn't got rid of my steinburger clone :( (Although I found it hard to play such a short scale bass)