Why become a member? ×

Ashdown 'Stacked Actor' Nate Mendel sig pedal!

mike257

So, they snuck this out under the radar! I headed off to investigate the "Win an Ashdown drophead" compo at GAK and chanced across this:

[url="http://www.gak.co.uk/en/ashdown-stacked-actor-bass-distortion-nate-mendel-signature/59941"]http://www.gak.co.uk...signature/59941[/url]

Looks interesting, two footswitchable distortion options, with the ability two split the two tones to two seperate amps, apparently built and tweaked for him to use on tour with the Foos.

Anybody even heard about this, let alone had a go? My curiosity is piqued!

As far as I'm aware it's not for sale [i]yet[/i],despite being advertised...I think Ashdown are still waiting on delivery
from wherever they are made.
It sounds like it's going to be a cool pedal...I'm going to try to get hold of one when they are finally released (along with
the Pino Octave pedal).

Just emailed ashdown and got an instant reply!!! Heres the exciting news from the ashdown artist relations and marketing guy!

Hi

Yeah there will be a video demo done by Nate but at this time we are in the process of final testing with Nate in LA next week, we will have more info on this at a later date at this time i do not have a firm date but should have in the next week or two.

It will be worth the wait keep an eye out on our web site and Facebook page for more info.

Sorry for the delay.

All the best,

Dan Gooday

• 4 weeks later...

[quote name='basskit_case' timestamp='1351514747' post='1851960']
Went looking for more info on this pedal and it looks like Ashdown have canned it.

The pedal is in their archive and appears to be no longer in production, [url="http://www.ashdownmusic.com/bass/detail.asp?section=pedal&ID=276"]link.[/url]
[/quote]

Oh dear, this one sounded promising.

My mistake, the pedal is not dead, emailed Ashdown and got this response:

[quote][color=#454545][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]no it has a styling change, just taken[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#454545][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]it down whilst we do new graphics then it will ship.[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#454545][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]sorry[/size][/font][/color][/quote]

• 8 months later...

Has a critical design fault as far as I can see, unless you use it as an always on pedal. The output when switch on will always be the full clean signal PLUS the OD that you dial in. So you will always get a volume hike compared to your bypassed tone. I'm pretty sure, reading about it, that this is correct.

[quote name='hamfist' timestamp='1375180354' post='2157607']
Has a critical design fault as far as I can see, unless you use it as an always on pedal. The output when switch on will always be the full clean signal PLUS the OD that you dial in. So you will always get a volume hike compared to your bypassed tone. I'm pretty sure, reading about it, that this is correct.
[/quote]

Well, in my settings there is no volume spike. On the other hand I prefer to have a bit of clean signal added anyway.
Actually the pedal is called NM2 or NM-2