Why become a member? ×

FS/FT: Warwick Streamer Stage I (1990) Special! Must Seen! Funkiest bass ever!

Taa

[quote name='thisnameistaken' timestamp='1347974166' post='1807430']
:blink:

I think what he's trying to say is he broke the neck off his Streamer so he got a guy to saw it off and glue on a replacement.

Presumably the disastrous paint job is there to try to cover up the surgery scars.

Whether either of these improve the value of the instrument is a matter for debate. A very brief debate, I would imagine, between the current owner of the bass and everybody else in the world.
[/quote]

Nope, It is only a modification, not a broken neck or something bad.

I was trying to say that If you want to buy a standart factory Streamer Stage 1 then this bass is not for you.

Thats all...

the original pics:

[IMG]http://i49.tinypic.com/2j1la3t.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i49.tinypic.com/2zzlp3s.jpg[/IMG]

Edited by Taa

I think it's interesting that you have gone to such lengths to customise this bass to your own exact preferences, I enjoy customising mine.
I feel though that the price your asking here reflects probably how much money you've spent on it. Unfortunately when you customise something so personally (no matter how good it may be) you will never see that money back again.
To the rest of the us here it looks a bit of a gamble and I would imagine nobody would seriously take the chance unless it was priced alot less than a standard streamer stage 1 (which are pretty much the funkiest basses ever as they come durect from Warwick - see Stuart Zender)
No offence meant sincerely.

[quote name='Kev' timestamp='1347998156' post='1807985']
Are the control knobs extra?
[/quote]

i have black aged knobs, vol , mid , balance , bass-treble (stack knob)im having good offers but i want to see the others as well, run your trade offers to me, 4-5 strings only.have you seen the video? its on the first page.cheers.

[quote name='Taa' timestamp='1347977400' post='1807519']

If you can find a streamer with this specs a tag of £1000, buy then!
[/quote]

What, all of them?
I have nothing to say about the modifications made since that is entirely up to personal taste.
Your asking price however is VERY utterly and insanely ridiculous.

Just my 2p.

[quote name='Taa' timestamp='1348003047' post='1808088']
i have black aged knobs, vol , mid , balance , bass-treble (stack knob)im having good offers but i want to see the others as well, run your trade offers to me, 4-5 strings only.have you seen the video? its on the first page.cheers.
[/quote]
The video won't play for me.

Why are there big chunks of wood missing on the body?

Also, a lot of that 'artwork' looks like transfers, not airbrush.

remember dudes, it may be our place to find out history and stuff that has happened to this so its clear for a potential buyer to see but its not our place to take the piss or say his price is too high. things like that should be done over PM so he doesnt get a public flogging. is this not the usual procedure?

Very curious thread... Who was the luither, and would a buyer be given receipts of work done to show who did it and when? and who did the 'airbrushing' because it looks as if the outer lines of the art work don't blend in with the base colour... hence the thought of it being a transfer.

This is now one of the most expensive basses on BassChat, out pricing Foderas, Fbasses and my own Conklin 9 string, curious indeed...

[quote name='longtimefred' timestamp='1348063658' post='1808725']
remember dudes, it may be our place to find out history and stuff that has happened to this so its clear for a potential buyer to see but its not our place to take the piss or say his price is too high. things like that should be done over PM so he doesnt get a public flogging. is this not the usual procedure?
[/quote]
Yeah you're quite right, apologies to Taa.

I was, and still am, just so amazed that I lost my decorum :)

[quote name='longtimefred' timestamp='1348063658' post='1808725']
[/quote]

If all is within reason, yes. If the seller is clearly trying to do some gold diggin' by all means speak up people.
Besides that floods of PM's will be more annoying then some criticism in a thread tbh.
Also this way the bass gets free bumpage all the time! So in a way we're doing a good deed.

If anybody wants to buy this special bass at asking price please do so.

[quote name='DiMarco' timestamp='1348083864' post='1809138']
If all is within reason, yes. If the seller is clearly trying to do some gold diggin' by all means speak up people.
Besides that floods of PM's will be more annoying then some criticism in a thread tbh.
Also this way the bass gets free bumpage all the time! So in a way we're doing a good deed.

If anybody wants to buy this special bass at asking price please do so.
[/quote]

In my Opinion, seller is asking for trouble putting this at such a price... :)... but that's maybe just me...

[quote name='Evil Undead' timestamp='1348072227' post='1808904']
EDIT - just reread - so the only thing that's Warwick here is the body (possibly)? And that has a weird paint job and large chunks of wood missing. Okay...

Each to their own ;)
[/quote] tuners and bridge too- but turned from gold to black.... The nut I think is a warwick nut, just not the one that would have originally been on it!