Why become a member? ×

P or J

cheddatom

I can understand people having a preference for the necks on Ps or Js, I suppose, but it simply doesn't apply to me. My attitude is simply this: It's a bass neck, get on with it.

I prefer the sound of a Precision in most circumstances but don't dislike the sound of Jazz basses. I have both (two precision types and one jazz type) but only one is a Fender and that's a '51P re-issue - so isn't what you would recognise as a common or garden P-type anyway (and which actually sounds the best of the three of them).

[quote name='john_the_bass' post='190638' date='May 2 2008, 03:37 PM']you could come round my house and say that if you want - i'll give you a lesson on how it feels to be hit in the face with the lower bout of a P bass :)[/quote]

Someone's angry at their inner gay tendencies! How's about I come round and teach you the joys of receiving anal "rape"?

[quote name='cheddatom' post='190651' date='May 2 2008, 03:59 PM']Someone's angry at their inner gay tendencies! How's about I come round and teach you the joys of receiving anal "rape"?[/quote]

me? I'm just generally angry
you're more than welcome to come round and have a go, but if this is you, then i'm not too worried

[quote name='bnt' post='190668' date='May 2 2008, 04:10 PM']Can I undo my vote? I thought this was about [i]pickups[/i], so I voted both. If it's the whole bass you mean, I vote neither - I am a Fender-free zone. :)[/quote]

I voted both too.

[quote name='john_the_bass' post='190672' date='May 2 2008, 04:13 PM']me? I'm just generally angry
you're more than welcome to come round and have a go, but if this is you, then i'm not too worried

[/quote]

No, i'm the gorilla, i'd be worried!

I'm disappointed. I voted for neither and my vote was rejected. What sort of democracy is this, eh? What's wrong with being able to vote "none of the above" rather than having to select between a dreary lump of wood with sort-of-one pickup and a dreary bit of wood with two pickups? Eh?

[quote name='tauzero' post='190702' date='May 2 2008, 04:52 PM']I'm disappointed. I voted for neither and my vote was rejected. What sort of democracy is this, eh? What's wrong with being able to vote "none of the above" rather than having to select between a dreary lump of wood with sort-of-one pickup and a dreary bit of wood with two pickups? Eh?[/quote]

If you don't care about the issues you shouldn't want a vote. That's why there are only two options. I'm dissapointed that some people have voted for both, this is about having to choose.

Just for fun though :)

[quote name='cheddatom' post='190703' date='May 2 2008, 04:53 PM']If you don't care about the issues you shouldn't want a vote. That's why there are only two options. I'm dissapointed that some people have voted for both, this is about having to choose.

Just for fun though :)[/quote]

Sorry cheddatom, I voted for both but for good reason...to counteract Fender bashing :huh: