Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Shunburst

cloudburst

Dear me but I don't like sunburst in any guitar. Never did. Yeuch. Strangely tobacco sunburst doesn't seem quite so bad and I must be getting old, because I'm starting to like EBMM's honeyburst.

EBMM blueburst is just woeful. Seems like it's trying too hard to be hip and cool.

Worst of all, by a country mile, is EBMM cherryburst. What WERE they thinking? Looks like an old buttondown leather sofa. Appalling. If I found a StingRay in this colour unexpectedly in my attic. I would back away slowly, never to return.

Just saying like.

CB

[quote name='cloudburst' timestamp='1347307311' post='1799204']
Dear me but I don't like sunburst in any guitar. Never did. Yeuch. Strangely tobacco sunburst doesn't seem quite so bad and I must be getting old, because I'm starting to like EBMM's honeyburst.
[/quote]

+1, word for word.

Edited by alyctes

[quote name='alyctes' timestamp='1347319083' post='1799404']
+1, word for word.
[/quote]
Ditto, only I've yet to discover anything remotely tempting about EBMM's effort.

I used to really like tobacco sunburst and even bought a Fender in that colour. Didn't last that long before I was reaching for a rattle can though. :lol:

I'm with the OP, i hate 3TSB but a tobacco burst is sexy. I'm waiting for my new Sandberg California VM5 in tobacco with maple neck (sorry Hobbayne) to be delivered in november. Prior to that i had a Stingray in honey burst (again with maple FB hehehe) that i loved to bits, shame it was so heavy... the only mandatory thing to me for a burst to look good is a black pickguard! ;)

Good lord there's some very strange basses appearing in this thread - very small string gauge :rolleyes: :D

Spookily, I know two people with those Dean things in that colour as well.

Cloudburst, is this the colour you meant?

[attachment=117981:24042010424.jpg][attachment=117980:24042010423.jpg]

Actually was called sunburst back when this bass was new (1993) - became honey burst a few years later. And not to be outdone by Dean.............

[attachment=117982:24042010450.jpg]

[quote name='drTStingray' timestamp='1347323159' post='1799442']
Good lord there's some very strange basses appearing in this thread - very small string gauge :rolleyes: :D

Spookily, I know two people with those Dean things in that colour as well.

Cloudburst, is this the colour you meant?

[attachment=117981:24042010424.jpg][attachment=117980:24042010423.jpg]

Actually was called sunburst back when this bass was new (1993) - became honey burst a few years later. And not to be outdone by Dean.............

[attachment=117982:24042010450.jpg]
[/quote]

Yep - that's the honeyburst that I quite like.
The blueburst underneath, however....well...er...how do I put this...

CB

[quote name='Hobbayne' timestamp='1347307606' post='1799212']
I dont like sunburst with maple fingerboards, it just looks odd to me :blink:
Ah, but rosewood boards...

[/quote]

Pretty much spot on there. And especially with tort pickguard, though can be nice with black.

Edited by Lozz196

Could I respectfully request that we keep this thread on topic!
ie: all black/red/yellow sunburst is to be avoided like the plague.
This is where it starts. First we have Jamerson's P, before you know it someone will be posting pics of Palladino's SR.
Well I'm not having it!

CB

[quote name='cloudburst' timestamp='1347404054' post='1800514']
Could I respectfully request that we keep this thread on topic!
ie: all black/red/yellow sunburst is to be avoided like the plague.
This is where it starts. First we have Jamerson's P, before you know it someone will be posting pics of Palladino's SR.
Well I'm not having it!

CB
[/quote]

:blink:

[url="https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=suburst+basses&sugexp=chrome,mod%3D7&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hl=en&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&authuser=0&ei=229QUN-0Bcey0QWlzIGwBQ&biw=1050&bih=1619&sei=3W9QULTrOKGH0AXnwYDQCg#um=1&hl=en&authuser=0&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=3m9QULfMAaWs0QW82IHICg&ved=0CEYQvwUoAQ&q=sunburst+basses&spell=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_cp.r_qf.&fp=4da935fcaadd455b&biw=1050&bih=1619"]Check this out[/url]