Why become a member? ×

Thank you button

Si600

I've had some really nice help since I joined this community, is there a thanks/kudos function on the forum like I've seen on other sites to thank members?

Otherwise I'll just namedrop :) :

Sibob
Pantherairsoft
Dood
Bagsietaylor

God... the list of people that have helped me through Basschat would just be immense. So thanks to all of you :)

Although Clarky sending me a pick from my favourite bassist is strongly stuck at the forefront of my mind every time I see it so a special thanks to you dude :D

I whole heartedly have to agree with that Conan. BC is like one of those towns where everyone knows everyone and they're all down the pub ([url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/97439-the-bc-arms/page__st__1720__p__1773436__hl__bc%20arms__fromsearch__1#entry1773436"]The BC Arms[/url]) having a good laugh. Not to mention the HUGE amounts of knowledge available on all manner of subjects, not just bass related things.

Liam

Many of us are deeply indebted to Basschat for practical help, moral support of a musical kind and also friendship and moral support of a more general kind. I'm trying to redress the balance by dedicating some of my time to help with our Twitter account, and I also made a couple of donations in the past few months (although I haven't sold or bought anything second hand so far).

[quote name='charic' timestamp='1346149234' post='1785744']
Although Clarky sending me a pick from my favourite bassist is strongly stuck at the forefront of my mind every time I see it so a special thanks to you dude :D
[/quote]

David Ellefson? Or who else? Can we see a pic please? :gas:

Edited by bluejay

Yep this is the place to be for all sorts of things. I've personally benefitted from technical advice, personal support and bargain basement prices for tickets that couldn't be used to events. On top of that we've got the marketplace which kills a certain well known auction site. Mrs Ez is starting to realise that although this is principally a site for bass players (or anoraks, or nerds if you prefer) it is also so much more.

Thank you :) and thank you to basschat for ruining my relationship with my bank manager who I think is probably on her last nervous breakdown :) GAS!!!

Seriously, this forum is amazing and you all make it that way! Nice one!

ah well you ask,'
but I have found in the short time I have been a member,
I have learned loads,inspired me to practice,play and join a band again after a long bout of not playing :D
bought loads of stuff from the for sale ect,been given and given advice too which has helped me and hopefully
helped others, :blush:
and generally enjoyed all my time here,and hopefully for a long time will continue to do so

to ped and all the mods you all do a cracking job THANKS ;)

cheers
stef

[quote name='bluejay' timestamp='1346153280' post='1785816']
I have a friend who, around 20 years ago, got a pick from her guitar hero - Yngwie Malmsteen - and actually had it made into a silver necklace she wore for most of the 90s :D
Rock on! \m/
[/quote]

I've only got two in that category, some off Lemmy & a half dozen from various Steve Cropper gigs. All of which are now in two respective framed photographs of the meets.
On the OT, yes - this place is an encyclopaedic pit of information & detail, sometimes the method of giving out such assistance could be better but on the whole it's unique IME, YVMV etc.
In that respect I give the OP a to use as they wish.