Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Sold

6feet7

Ring the shop, ask to speak to the manager tell him your wife bought you the wrong guitar and could he order the correct one for you. Id be amazed if he wouldn't exchange it under those conditions. If your wife bought it online then you are entitled to a full refund. It seems crazy taking a hit on it.

[quote name='the boy' timestamp='1343828754' post='1755887']
Ring the shop, ask to speak to the manager tell him your wife bought you the wrong guitar and could he order the correct one for you. Id be amazed if he wouldn't exchange it under those conditions. If your wife bought it online then you are entitled to a full refund. It seems crazy taking a hit on it.
[/quote]

+1 I believe consumer law also states you have a minimum of 7 days to return an item - some shops even state 14 days for a no quibble return. It was an honest mistake and the bass is pristine as new. Name and shame the shop if they give you any trouble chap!

Thanks for all the advice but please, I don't need it. She's done me a massive favour as I'd rather have an oldish USA Olympic White Fender and this way I can get it, but I can't go straight out and buy one as it would show on the joint bank statement, but I can 'exchange' it if you know what I mean (Does GAS ever stop?? Thought it would when I changed from guitar to bass, but it's just as bad as before :)

Edited by 6feet7

[quote name='6feet7' timestamp='1343829136' post='1755896']
Thanks for all the advice but please, I don't need it. She's done me a massive favour as I'd rather have an oldish USA Olympic White Fender and this way I can get it, but I can't go straight out and buy one as it would show on the joint bank statement, but I can 'exchange' it if you know what I mean (Does GAS ever stop?? Thought it would when I changed from guitar to bass, but it's just as bad as before :)
[/quote]
Sorry dude only trying to help. Gift horse mouth springs to mind. ;)

Edited by the boy

[quote name='Evil Undead' timestamp='1343827266' post='1755854']
If it were a gift from my other half, I'd keep it.
[/quote]
This.

[quote name='Evil Undead' timestamp='1343827580' post='1755860']
Did they say why not?
[/quote]
....and this.

.... but I can't go straight out and buy one as it would show on the joint bank statement,
[/quote]
Now I'm confused.

....but I can 'exchange' it....
[/quote]
So, exchange it with the shop.

....if you know what I mean.
[/quote]
Not really. D'oh!

Edited by mckendrick

[quote name='6feet7' timestamp='1343826640' post='1755839']
My wife bought me this this morning.... She is fine about me doing this :)

[/quote]
I can't go straight out and buy one as it would show on the joint bank statement
[/quote]

These are the two things that confuse me. If she's ok with it, why does it matter about anything being on the joint statement. Something just doesn't add up.

I thought this was a for sale section not a 'I don't understand what's going on' section
Suffice it to say that I could swap for the same price but I want something more expensive (which I can top up unnoticed)
I've spent more time answering people's daft questions about the state of my marriage that about people wanting the bass. Totally put me off this site.
Anyway, it's gone now so you don't need to worry about things anymore

I don't think there's any need to get funny about it. When a new member sells something with a questionable set of circumstances I think we've got every right to make sure there's nothing afoot. Especially as you've been pretty defensive about it. None of us have done anything wrong here.

Sorry if it's put you off the site but if you're gonna be like that, don't let the door hit you on the way out.

[quote name='6feet7' timestamp='1344093081' post='1759721']
I thought this was a for sale section not a 'I don't understand what's going on' section
Suffice it to say that I could swap for the same price but I want something more expensive (which I can top up unnoticed)
I've spent more time answering people's daft questions about the state of my marriage that about people wanting the bass. Totally put me off this site.
Anyway, it's gone now so you don't need to worry about things anymore
[/quote]
Seriously dude, and please don't get upset but this whole scenario is absurd. People look out for each other here and the inconsistencies in your post were confusing to say the least. All of the people who commented are likely candidates for a purchase, your reasons for selling the bass werent straight forward or clear and I think it's perfectly reasonable for anyone to want to understand a sale situation before departing with cash. For my part I simply tried to advise you in an attempt to spare you taking a cash hit on the bass. I think your response has been childish and unnecessary. I'm sorry your experience here has been a bad one but it's fair to say its by your own hand. Good luck.