Why become a member? ×

I have my new bass head, Now for a cab.. Any Idea's?

GetYourFunkOut93

Afternoon Basschatters,

I have my brand new bass head, TC Electronic RH750 :) (so happy with it)

I have an Ashdown Neo 410H which is just too heavy and impractical for me and am selling.. ;)

I am therefore looking for a new cab for my new head.

I have in mind either a 212, 2x 112, 2x 210 or just a combo of them sort of cabs..

Any idea's?

Cheers

I used my TC Classic 450 with both Ampeg, Marshall, and Eden cabs. The only one I wasn`t keen on was the Marshall. It sounded great through the others - particularly the Ampegs, but then I love Ampeg sound.

Two RS210s. Done.

Great tone, great portabilty, LOTS of punch and plenty of modern sheen or vintage warmth using the tweeter, and the RH750s crazy amount of options. The co-ax tweeter on the RS210s is really nice...it will give you a nice sparkly high end, but not that awful cheap plasticky high end.

Have them vertical or horizontal, or even just vertical next to each other.

Oh, and the prices are just about right. The euro means they are getting cheaper.

I've had a fair few cabs in my time and the price/weight/tone ratio is spot on with these. They obviously match very well with the RH450/750.

I had an RS212, and I liked its thick low mids with a little more 'umpph' and fatness down low, but ultimately, I didn't need three TC cabs so I sold it to get a Genz Shuttlemax 9.2, and kept the matching RS210s.

[quote name='gilmour' timestamp='1343590111' post='1752484']
I'm pretty sure Dawsons have a 2 for 1 deal on the TC cabs. (although I didn't like the sound of them so much - but that's all done to personal preference).
[/quote]

This is usually the budget range rather than the RS range :)

I can vouch for a tc head with a berg AE212. Berg cabs are beautifully made and sound gorgeous. I'm keen to hear why you don't like Barefaced cabs tho. If it's aesthetics I totally agree as i think the rippled cab finish is awful and cheap looking. Sound wise tho they have a cab for all situations, can be ridiculously loud and the sound quality is excellent. Oh and holy crap they're unbelievably light.

[quote name='mrtcat' timestamp='1343681728' post='1753720']If it's aesthetics I totally agree as i think the rippled cab finish is awful and cheap looking.[/quote]

If your reference point on Barefaced cabs' finish is based on older cabs, especially the early plastic cornered ones which were literally made in my spare time in my shed, then the current finish is nothing like that. Our cabs cost quite a lot more than when we started out (the rising cost of neodymium plus fancier models plus VAT) and the vast majority of customers now rave about how good they look despite the higher price. They still sound awesome and they're still very portable. But aesthetically, there has been massive progress - which shouldn't be surprising when you consider how everything about the business has changed!