Why become a member? ×

Where do you wear your wireless transmitter?

MacDaddy

Obviously this will not apply to those of you with the bug type transmitters, but I used to attach mine to the bass strap with a bit of gaffa over the clip for added security.

These days I tend to just stick it in a back pocket, or thigh pocket depending on which trousers I'm wearing.

[quote name='MacDaddy' timestamp='1343210781' post='1746982']
These days I tend to just stick it in a back pocket
[/quote]

Another one for the back pocket.

I've gone down the "gaffer tape it to the strap" route but it's just not practical for me when (or usually if I have to) I change basses. Much easier to simply unplug and swap basses with their own straps rather than undo straps.

Each to their own though.

Not having to unplug would be for me half the point of having a wireless transmitter.

I used to have a Shure one during my guitar playing days that fitted securely to the strap. From what I've read recently about the various transmitters the strap attachments aren't very good and the bug type don't suit instruments with recessed or rear-mounted jacks.

What do the pros (when money is no object) use?

[quote name='tonyf' timestamp='1343211783' post='1747005']

Another one for the back pocket.

I've gone down the "gaffer tape it to the strap" route but it's just not practical for me when (or usually if I have to) I change basses. Much easier to simply unplug and swap basses with their own straps rather than undo straps.

Each to their own though.
[/quote]

This.

Sticking it in your back pocket just seems like the worst idea ever. It just gives you a horrible looking bulge in the wrong place. And besides some of the trouser I wear on stage don't have back pockets - it looks better.

When I was asking what the pro's use I mean which brand of wireless transmitters, because I'm guess they are going to be good and robust and attach properly to your guitar strap without needing gaffer tape to hold them in place.

Edited by BigRedX

[quote name='Lfalex v1.1' timestamp='1343246047' post='1747785']
They do wireless basses now? Are they Bluetoof compatible? ;)

Seriously, I don't ever see a need to go wireless until I start playing stadia.

I don't ever see a need to go wireless.
[/quote]

Would recommend you try it, very liberating and also much tidier underfoot on smaller stages IMO - each to their own though of course!

[quote name='Lfalex v1.1' timestamp='1343246047' post='1747785']
They do wireless basses now? Are they Bluetoof compatible? ;)

Seriously, I don't ever see a need to go wireless until I start playing stadia.

I don't ever see a need to go wireless.
[/quote]

I probably don't "need" one, but the amount of times i've pulled the lead out of my pedalboard and made a horrible noise... Plus the novelty of having wireless :P

from what i can gather from speaking to friends most people where money is no object run one receiver and then have x amount of transmitters (one for each bass) on the same frequency and tape them to the strap that way you avoid having to unplug transmitters mid set and once you take the bass off to change the transmitter goes with it but for me in my younger days when wireless was "cool" to use on a pub covers gig it was in my back pocket or strapped onto my belt