Why become a member? ×

Fender 62RI Precision Bass 1990 MIJ

davidak

This bass has been played a lot, and is worn- expect dings and scratches, rolled fingerboard.. Nothing affects playability, IMO it is much better than new one, you just feel like at home from the beginning with her. It is the best sounding 62 Precision example I've played, and with all that "mojo" real player too.

Specs:

Serial no. J012502 (means it is made in Japan, 1989-90)
Alder body
Maple neck with beautiful dark rosewood fingerboard
Spiral saddle bridge
Reversed tuners (same as on American vintage basses, I don't see them on MIJ basses often and)

All original. At the moment, bass is equipped with harness and pickup from US American Vintage P-bass, but I will rebuild it back to original before shipping.

[b]£450[/b] shipped from Czech republic to EU. Check my feedback here on Basschat.

[url="http://gdavidak.rajce.idnes.cz/Fender_62RI_MIJ_Precision_Bass/"]http://gdavidak.rajc...Precision_Bass/[/url]

Edited by davidak

[quote name='davidak' timestamp='1341572133' post='1721065']
Reversed tuners (same as on American vintage basses, I don't see them on MIJ basses often.....)
[/quote]
VSP grade. Which also suggests the pickups will be top of the range Alnicos in which case much better than the USA ones.

Verrrrrry nice bass. I'm sorely tempted.

[quote name='Jono Bolton' timestamp='1341576703' post='1721166']
Where do you keep producing these brilliant basses from?
[/quote]
Good question Watson. Coz he does, dosn't he?

[b]£500 shipped to UK[/b].

Q: Hi, is that glue on the side of the fingerboard in pic 4 ?

No, it isn't, it is just old, degraded strip of finish lacquer, maybe from sweat, maybe because of little compress of rosewood during years. I bought it in this condition, it doesn't affect playability at all.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...