Why become a member? ×

Concerned my boobs are too big for this :(

toneknob

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1341433823' post='1719085']
This really is Spinal Tap stuff, isn't it?
[/quote]

:lol:

I really want to see their "band" now. I'm picturing 4 girls dressed up as (in order of the pics) Dave Gahan (80s version), one of the Village People, Michael Jackson & Simon Le Bon!

[quote name='SpaceChick' timestamp='1341425617' post='1718868']
I suspect that it wasn't a woman that crafted that ad somehow seashell.

Let's face it though, having chosen the bass as an instrument I doubt us females on here are girly girls ;)
[/quote]

Oh I dunno.
I reckon you all look really quite fetching in your little black dresses, Doc Martens and knuckle dusters... :blush:

[quote name='yorks5stringer' timestamp='1341435143' post='1719131']
Am I sad by being more bothered that the advert states:

"The managers are aware that it is quite difficult to find female musicians who the bass."

Basschatters are aware it is quite difficult to find managers who can the advert.....
[/quote]

I thought the same!

I reckon it's been written by a spotty teenage boy in his bedroom who is trying to live out a fantasy of having all these women perform for him in his band.... Think Charlie wanting his angels.

[quote name='EdwardHimself' timestamp='1341432239' post='1719043']
I don't know. I think drumming would probably be regarded as less "girly" (whatever that means). I personally think girls who play the bass are fantastic; can't stand those ridiculously long fingernails or anything.
[/quote]

I don't like long fingernails either, but that's probably because I've played guitar since I was a teenager and they interfere in the playing (for me). I never understood taking so much time to make fingernails long and painted or painting toenails. But then, I was raised with only brothers. I tend to be feminine in other ways and would rather spend my time pleasing my partner, making sure he's well taken care of, etc... Don't mind dressing up, but I'm not one to have a ton of clothes, shoes, nor matching handbag. I'm practical. Maybe that's why my guy married me..... haha... didn't even want a diamond ring....

[quote name='MysticGuitar' timestamp='1341472884' post='1719427']
I don't like long fingernails either, but that's probably because I've played guitar since I was a teenager and they interfere in the playing (for me). I never understood taking so much time to make fingernails long and painted or painting toenails. But then, I was raised with only brothers. I tend to be feminine in other ways and would rather spend my time pleasing my partner, making sure he's well taken care of, etc... Don't mind dressing up, but I'm not one to have a ton of clothes, shoes, nor matching handbag. I'm practical. Maybe that's why my guy married me..... haha... didn't even want a diamond ring....
[/quote]

Lucky man!

[quote name='MysticGuitar' timestamp='1341480190' post='1719592']
That's very sweet of you to say, but somehow I don't think he considers himself lucky. LOL! I do have my faults! I'm sure he could make a long list. :)
[/quote]

Well let's face it, everyone is irritating after you get to know them, in some ways. It's just about finding the person who irritates you the least :)

Edited by EdwardHimself